Tooltip for Link annotations - how to hide / edit. Plus: why different display when document open via IStream  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
zarkogajic
User

Tooltip for Link annotations - how to hide / edit. Plus: why different display when document open via IStream

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

image.png
image.png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 2065 times

Document "E:\pdfx\subfolder\subsub\subsub_file.pdf" has a GOTOR link to "E:\pdfx\parent_file.pdf".

The link is relative, so the pdf style path to target is "../../parent_file.pdf"

When the mouse hovers over the link, the tooltip appears displaying the final target document:

image1.png
image1.png (5.9 KiB) Viewed 2065 times

Can I somehow stop this tooltip from displaying or even better - edit the tooltip's display value?

Further, when the source document is open via IStream, the tooltip appears as:

image2.png

The above weird display is the reason to ask for altering the tooltips display value.

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Tooltip for Link annotations - how to hide / edit. Plus: why different display when document open via IStream

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello zarkogajic,

The tooltip display can be turned of via the "Commenting.ShowTooltips" = false setting.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
zarkogajic
User

Re: Tooltip for Link annotations - how to hide / edit. Plus: why different display when document open via IStream

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,

I've just found that one.

However, I do NOT want to disable the tooltips whatsoever (for everything).

I need to hide them when needed or change their value.

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello zarkogajic,

Sadly, that is not available via the SDK. Passed the path display problem to Vasyl - probably he can help.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,

Ok, while waiting for Vasyl:

Please clarify the following:

1. Beside not showing link tooltips - what other tooltips are disabled when "Commenting.ShowTooltips = false"?

2. It seems this setting is remembered by a document (IPXV_DocumentView or IPXV_PagesView or something else) upon opening a document ... ?

I've tried:

Commenting.ShowTooltips = false
doc1 = OpenDocFrom(...)
Commenting.ShowTooltips = true
doc2 = OpenDocFrom(...)
Commenting.ShowTooltips = false
doc3 = OpenDocFrom(...)

Having doc2 active - links tooltip *is* displayed.
Having doc1 or doc3 active - links tooltip *is not* displayed.

So, the setting is not global - but somehow set for document.

At what moment? And where exactly stored (if I want to better control it per each document)?

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello zarkogajic,

From what I see, this option is being per Page View and is being initialized from settings when the view is being created or when the settings are being changed. If you don't fire a settings changed event then there won't be no reload, thus the option value would become just like you have it set.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

HI Alex,

Thanks - this is what I thought it will be. At least I can hide that tooltip for IStream opened documents for the moment.

Anyhow, do you have any idea, never mind how crazy or complex, how to have custom tooltips when I need them ?

I tried catching an event when the tooltip gets displayed, no luck. Then trying to do something with IUIX_Tooltip, ... etc .. no luck.

-žarko
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

Ok, this was not a no-brainer, but I finally got it working :)

Custom hints for (link type) annotations:

image.png

zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,
this option is being per Page View and is being initialized from settings when the view is being created or when the settings are being changed.
Is there a way to get the setting value from the Page View (for a specific Page View) ?

I do not see something from within IPXV_PagesView I can use.

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello zarkogajic,

Glad you have it working.
It's being stored in the inner class variable - no access to it whatsoever. It updates from settings when the PagesView is created and when the settings change - that's all.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
zarkogajic
User

Re: Tooltip for Link annotations - how to hide / edit. Plus: why different display when document open via IStream  SOLVED

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,

Ok, all clear.

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Tooltip for Link annotations - how to hide / edit. Plus: why different display when document open via IStream

:)
Subscribe at: