Remote execution of commands

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Remote execution of commands

Post by lidds »

Hi,

I am trying to develop a remote collaboration document mark-up tool, which basically means I want to allow a one user to use PDFXchange Editor SDK to draw on a document and then the same annots etc. to be displayed on the second users document. Obviously I have developed a tool to transfer messages between the tools, but what I was wondering is because most commands on PDFXChange SDK fires the e.operExecuted command. I was thinking that if I can send every command back to the other user and then I can somehow execute those commands on that users side to draw the annotation then that would work. I was wondering if PDFXChange has any type of way that this scenario would be possible?

I was hoping that you might have a smart suggestion on how I could do accomplish this. If not I would have to look at some way of developing my own code that would interpret every command, which as you could imagine would be a huge task.

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Remote execution of commands

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello lidds,

You can transfer the simple types like strings and numbers. But some data that is required is being used as an interfaces that you cannot transfer as easily. Meaning you have for example a IPXV_AnnotsList interface and the pointers are not the same in the other program.
If you can find a way, where everything can be converted to simple types, then such an operation would be possible, because you can then transfer that data to other client and it would successfully parse it to call the needed operation.
For example that would mean somehow telling the client to use the currently opened document and add 1,2 and 4 annotation from page 5 to the operation with given parameters. Then execute it.
Though first double check whether the data that you are using can be converted to simple type calls. If not, I'm afraid that you cannot do it that way.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ