Default values for Brush/Pen/PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced for IPXV_DocHighlighter.Add  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
zarkogajic
User

Default values for Brush/Pen/PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced for IPXV_DocHighlighter.Add

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

When adding an IPXV_DocHighlightItem to IPXV_DocHighlighter, if null is used for IUIX_Brush and IUIX_Pen and an "empty" PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced - the result will look like:

image.png

What are the actual values for Brush/Pen applied here?

p.s.
I'm trying to use my own Brush/Pen and PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced, but hard to figure out what method/property does what ...

-žarko
zarkogajic
User

Re: Default values for Brush/Pen/PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced for IPXV_DocHighlighter.Add

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

Ok, here's what I think is happening: when null is set for pBrush and pPen in Add method of IPXV_DocHighlighter - a "default" Brush/Pen is created by the Add method and the resulting IPXV_DocHighlightItem will have Brush and Pen properties set with some values (yellowish look).

I've read those values to figure out what "default" is. So, now I'm sending a pre-filled IUIX_Brush and IUIX_Pen to the Add method. When called in that way the resulting IPXV_DocHighlightItem's Brush and Pen is null. So this part is solved.

What I cannot figure out is the PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced parameter.

It can take nTxtQuadsInflate values - but whatever I assign here - no changes. I thought the nTxtQuadsInflate would allow to "inflate" the pRegions sent to the Add method (actually IPXC_QuadsF).

So, question: PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced - what can I do with it ?

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Default values for Brush/Pen/PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced for IPXV_DocHighlighter.Add

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello zarkogajic,

Here's how the default inflate structure looks like (it's being used when no parameter is passed):

Code: Select all

m_DefAdv.nSize = sizeof(PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced);
	m_DefAdv.nRoundRadius = PxAt96DPI_to_Px(3);
	m_DefAdv.nTxtQuadsInflate[0] = 0;		// left
	m_DefAdv.nTxtQuadsInflate[2] = 0;		// right
	m_DefAdv.nTxtQuadsInflate[1] = -0.1f;	// top
	m_DefAdv.nTxtQuadsInflate[3] = -0.1f;	// bottom
From what I see, the nTxtQuadsInflate is only used in the IPXC_PageText::GetTextQuads method (our inner code method version) to obtain the quads (probably some inflation delta for the quad calculation). Though this can be ignored by the inner code in some cases (did not dive deeper into this). Probably it's some minor adjustments factor for some particular cases.
Basically, you can ignore this parameter if the default values suit your needs.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
zarkogajic
User

Re: Default values for Brush/Pen/PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced for IPXV_DocHighlighter.Add  SOLVED

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,

Thanks.

Yes, whatever value I specify for nTxtQuadsInflate - no change in highlight result in a way that specified quads are inflated. Only the nRoundRadius does change the display.

Case closed.

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Default values for Brush/Pen/PXV_DocHighlightAdvanced for IPXV_DocHighlighter.Add

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ