SpellChecker Plugin- Languages location  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
zarkogajic
User

SpellChecker Plugin- Languages location

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

When using the SpellChecker.pvp (AddPluginFromFile and the rest), the list of languages in the "Spell Checker Settings" is empty by default. Clicking "Add/Update Languages" will allow to download languages.

Where are the downloaded files stored?

image.png

p.s.
There's some issue with the plugin - goes into infinite loop (even when not executed) - but more on that later...

-žarko
BigMike
User

Re: SpellChecker Plugin- Languages location

Post by BigMike »

The files are commonly saved in %CommonProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\Common\Dictionaries
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thanks BigMike!
:D
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
zarkogajic
User

Re: SpellChecker Plugin- Languages location  SOLVED

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi,

The %CommonProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\Common\Dictionaries is the correct location for the EU Editor.

We are talking about the SDK and the pxvControl here.

Actually, I've found them: if I download files by using "Add/Update Languages" - they get stored under: "C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Common\Dictionaries".

Now, if I do this from my application (using the .manifest file), this appears:

image.png

If I do the same using the FullDemo, this is reported:

image1.png

Further, since the DLL figures out the .oxt files in the "\user\..." folder, once I download the files via my application - the languages also get picked by the FullDemo application :)

So, clicking this in the FullDemo:

image2.png
image2.png (4.93 KiB) Viewed 2484 times

brings up:

image3.png

I guess downloading the files from my custom application should not even work (how it does not work for the FullDemo), but ...

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello zarkogajic,

Forwarded this one to Vasyl - probably he can tell more.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi žarko.
Where are the downloaded files stored?
In SDK-mode the Spellchecker-plugin loads dicts from two different locations:

ProgramFolderWithDicts:
<FolderThatContains_PDFXEditCore.xxx.dll>\Common\Dictionaries\

UserFolderWithDicts:
c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Common\Dictionaries\

You may check it by using the:

programFolderWithDicts = PXV_Inst.GetStdFolder(PDFXEdit.PXV_StdFolderID.PXV_StdFolder_Dictionaries, false);
userFolderWithDicts = PXV_Inst.GetStdFolder(PDFXEdit.PXV_StdFolderID.PXV_StdFolder_Dictionaries, true);

Tip: if you want - you may change that locations(and any other PXV_StdFolder_XX) to your own, but I recommend to do it early on the beginning, before calling the PXV_Inst.Init or instantiating first PXV_Control.

Also please note: if the ProgramFolderWithDicts is located inside of standard system's Program Files folder then your application (and our SDK-module too) hasn't rights enough to add/change files here. So currently if your customer will try to add some dicts with turned OFF the "Install new items for current user only" option (on the dialog "Spell Checker dictionaries") - it will not work properly at the moment. In Editor EU we have some kind of workaround for that problem but not for SDK-mode. Possible solution for you - on the beginning change:

PXV_Inst.SetStdFolder(PDFXEdit.PXV_StdFolderID.PXV_StdFolder_Dictionaries, <MyCustomWritableProgramDictsFolder>);

(technically you may use <MyCustomWritableProgramDictsFolder>==UserFolderWithDicts)

"No new or update items are available to download and install."
We will fix that soon in the upcoming 339 build.

There's some issue with the plugin - goes into infinite loop (even when not executed) - but more on that later...
We will fix that soon in the upcoming 339 build.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Thanks Vasyl, all clear.

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

SpellChecker Plugin- Languages location

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ