Application Hang on PDF/a export

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
AnMuWK
User

Application Hang on PDF/a export

Post by AnMuWK »

Hi,

within our application we are using the SDK to ensure to save a dedicated PDF file into a PDF/a file. At some customers we are seeing an application hang and do not have any more ideas to solve this issues. I attached a sample csproj file which show how we are trying to export the file.
The sample works perfectly on several different systems. But the customers where it does not work are using Terminal Server 2016.

I made the sample as a console application and added a progress interface. I also added the document which I tried, but it also happens with several other documents.

We are using version 8.0.337. It seems that with version 8.0.336 it worked. If we are changing back to the older version the customers seem not to have any issues.

At one customer the last entries in console are:
Pos: 2,37006802721088
Pos: 2,3718820861678
Pos: 2,37369614512472
Pos: 2,37551020408163
Pos: 2,37732426303855
Pos: 2,37913832199546
Pos: 2,38095238095238

So it looks like conversion is starting but hanging up at some time.

We are at a german system so UI culture is "de-DE". Also we are using "side by side", we are not registering the COM-classes.
Input.pdf
(391.31 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
is the file we open and try to export as pdf/a.
TrackerPDFExport.zip
(5.1 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
is the sample solution.

Best regards
Andreas
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Application Hang on PDF/a export

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Andreas,

Can you recreate this in the End-User Editor?

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
AnMuWK
User

Post by AnMuWK »

Hi,

I have to come back to this issue.

We tried out version 8.0.341.0 and it seemed that everything works fine currenlty. So we deployed that Version to our customers. Mostly are not facing any issues, but some customers (mostly using a Terminal Server) are still seeing this application hang on exporting to PDF/a.

If we put version 8.0.336.0 to them it works like a charm, putting version 8.0.341.0 it hangs. It seems to be related to something in some documents. I attached one of the problematic documents to this post.
Document which hangs.zip
(102.02 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
We are not able to reproduce this issue on any of our systems, to I am not able to track if this is happening with end user edition. On customer side we are not allowed to install it on their terminal servers. We try to clearify if one of our customers will allow that for test purposes.

Is there any kind of internal logging we could active to grab you some more details on what is happening inside of your software?

Regards
Andreas
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello AnMuWK,

Forwarded this problem for further investigation.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
AnMuWK
User

Post by AnMuWK »

Hi,

any news about that topic?

Regards
Andreas
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello AnMuWK,

Just checked that with the developer - he says that it's still under investigation,

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: