Custom stamp or something like that

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lamer19
User

Custom stamp or something like that

Post by lamer19 »

It is highly advisable for me to get a working solution before purchasing your product. I tried to get it through Adobe Acrobat guided by their description and documentation of their SDK, but obviously my understanding was not enough and I turned my attention to your product. If it is possible to resolve the issue with you, then having received the decision, I can recommend my employer to purchase the corporate supply of your wonderful product. At the initial stage, in order to demonstrate to the employer how your protection works, that is, the work of the solution with the insertion of your watermarks is more than enough. I need from another program using OLE to contact your program and insert into it a user stamp or several user stamps through which / which the text and body of the main PDF document will be viewed. After that, the document itself must be opened in your application so that the user himself can vary the location of the indicated stamps on the last page of his document. the user stamp should not be saved for other user sessions with the program. I need an example of solving my problem with the help of working with your program. I can adapt the example on vba, on Python or on something else to my needs and then, subject to customer satisfaction, I can recommend them to get a complete solution without watermarking the purchase of your product. In fact, my custom stamps are just a visualization of an electronic digital signature and files stored in a third-party product called 1C Document Management. I ask for your help
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Custom stamp or something like that

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello lamer19,

Adding a custom or already existing stamp itself is not that hard - there are samples on doing that.
What troubles me more is the part where you need to send something to our application - can you describe that more precisely?
Also, do you want to use the End-User program with the plugin that will add your functionality or do you want to use the SDK itself to do the needed operations with the document and then open it in the End-User Editor or any pdf editor that you want?

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lamer19
User

Post by lamer19 »

I want to work with the document itself, turning to the editor on OLE and then opening this document in the editor. That is, I should automatically sketch custom stamps one after another into the document and open the document for viewing and final determination of the position of the stamps on the last page by the end user. I think that my employer is able to pay the corporate license of any version of the product. My task is to visualize an electronic digital signature which, like the document itself, is stored in my program. I extract the document to disk and with the original document I can’t do anything without violating the validity of the digital signature without breaking it, but with the copy of the original document I can do whatever I want. My product from which I perform work is the Russian DBMS 1C. The product is called 1C Document Management. I can give the code that I tried to insert based on the Acrobat SDK. I think that for your programmers the code written even for a competing product will be understandable because personally in my place when developing my model I would adhere to maximum compatibility so that programmers using the competitor program could easily switch to their program:
gApp = New COMObject ("AcroExch.App");
gApp.CloseAllDocs ();
gPDDoc = New COM Object ("AcroExch.PDDoc");
If gPDDoc.Open (PDFIN) Then

jso = gPDDoc.GetJSObject ();

Page = gPDDoc.AcquirePage (0);
pageRect = Page.GetSize ();

stampRect = New COMSafeArray ("VT_I4", 4);
        stampRect.SetValue (0,100);
        stampRect.SetValue (1,100);
        stampRect.SetValue (2,200);
        stampRect.SetValue (3,200);

annot = jso.AddAnnot ();

props = annot.getprops ();
        props.Type = "Stamp";
        annot.setProps (props);

props = annot.getprops ();
        props.Page = 0;
        props.rect = stampRect;
        props.Author = "My Name";
        props.AP = "Approved";
        annot.setProps (props);

gPDDoc.Save (1, PDFOUT);
gPDDoc.Open (PDFOUT);
gApp.Show ();

End If;

So in this example, I insert a stamp in the competitor’s program with the original text sewn into their program, with the transparency I need between the letters and the frame. However, I need multiline text inside my frame, that is, the one that I will transfer from my 1C and I can’t get why my / his document is open for the user when I open the program. I repeat: I sketched the specified code for the program of your competitor. I would like to get an example of how I will achieve the result I need, that is, a frame inside which the multiline text passed by me between which and the frame shows the text of the original user document. I would greatly appreciate an example, bearing in mind the further possibility of acquiring a corporate license by my customer / employer
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello lamer19,

From what I understood, you want to open the document, stamp it and then show it in the embedded Control in your 1C form.
If so, then that can be easily done:
1) Check out the Core API demo application - it holds plenty of samples on how to work with the Core Level of the SDK https://github.com/tracker-software/PDFCoreSDKExamples. An there are several detailed samples on how to add and manage stamps.
2) What you should do is open an IPXC_Document by your path, add your stamps to it and then open it in the Control by using the OpenDocFrom(IPXC_Docment) method.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ