Temporary Files for PDFs from URL are extremely long when using "send by Email"

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
AnKeilha
User

Temporary Files for PDFs from URL are extremely long when using "send by Email"

Post by AnKeilha »

Hello,
when we are opening a file from our internal Content-Manager this URL has a bunch of parameters. When we try "send by Email" of the PDF from PDFXChange Editor the following temporary file is created:

pdfx-{9A7FD14A-3A1D-4085-AC9C3F4BC826580B}\A1001001A29J29B45959D19641.pdf order=retrieve&item-id=A1001001A29J29B45959D19641&version=1&collection=CBR.CLLCT001&libname=cmtst&update-date=2019-10-29+13%3A59%3A49.344247000&token=ADGA.pdf

After that, the email creation fails.

When we try to rename the file from Windows Explorer, we get an error message that the file is too long.

Could you change the temporary file names to something shorter? I strongly suspect that the extremely long file names break the creation of the email.

Regards,
Andreas
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Temporary Files for PDFs from URL are extremely long when using "send by Email"

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Ankeilha,

Just to verify, are you running the current latest version (8.0.333.0) of our software when encountering this issue?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
AnKeilha
User

Re: Temporary Files for PDFs from URL are extremely long when using "send by Email"

Post by AnKeilha »

Hello Daniel,

yes, I am using version 8.0.333.0. The behaviour is the same for the standalone PdfXChange-Editor and for our embedded PdfXChange-Editor (using the SDK).

Kind regards,
AnKeilha
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thank you for clarifying.

You had originally posted in the End user forums, so I have moved this topic to the relevant SDK forum for you, so that our development team might see it and be able to offer some guidance.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
AnKeilha
User

Post by AnKeilha »

Just to clarify: I see the same behaviour no matter what I use (ordinary PdfXChange-Editor or the embedded PdfXChange-Editor using the SDK). That is why I originally posted this in the end user forum.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello AnKeilha,

A ticket in our internal problem reporting system was created:

#4981: Editor SDK: Temporary Files for PDFs from URL are extremely long when using "send by Email"

Please refer to this ticket number when you are asking about the status of the problem.

Regards.
AnKeilha
User

Post by AnKeilha »

Is there any news on this issue?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello AnKeilha,

Just checked in with the dev, who is responsible for this issue - he said that he did not manage to look at it yet.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ