Extract pages without signature

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
HomerWu
User

Extract pages without signature

Post by HomerWu »

Hello,

I use 'op.document.extractPages' to extract all pages from a signatured file,after that the new ducument is not signatured,yes,that is what i wanted.
but i found that the new document has a label which shows 'The signature field is unsigned',Ithink it's confusing to users,so do you have any way to hide the label so that do not let the users know that the new document is comes from a signatured document?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Extract pages without signature

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello HomerWu,

Unfortunately, extracting pages creates an entirely new document, so it is impossible to maintain any signatory information during this operation. This means it will not be possible to do this as you have requested, any extracted pages will need to be re-signed in all cases, whether this is done from the End user, or development side of our products has no bearing on this limitation within the signatures themselves.

The warning showing that the signature field is unsigned is appearing because during the extract operation, only the field is extracted, not the signature itself, so it is in an unsigned state. Users can prevent the warning from appearing in their local application, but nothing can be done during document assembly to forcibly suppress this warning only for the specific document (other than entirely removing the field, or placing a signature).

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
HomerWu
User

Post by HomerWu »

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your reply!
Yes,I just want to build a new unsigned document from a signatured file,this is the reason i extract all pages ,but i would prefer that there is nothing information about signatures in the new document.
As you said,remove the field can solve my problem.so can you give me a way to remove the signature field?just a link or a function is helpful enough ! :)
HomerWu
User

Post by HomerWu »

Hello Daniel,

Any update of my issue? i'm wating for it to finish my job :P
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello HomerWu,

Check out this topic: