Annex-F supported?

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
DeKo
User

Annex-F supported?

Post by DeKo »

Hello,

are there plugins or is it in the plans to support the pdf standard"Annex-F"? Its a "Standard for the electronic filing and processing of internationl applications" (Source: https://www.wipo.int/pct/en/texts/ai/annex_f.html)

Any information regarding this topic helps us, thank you!

Greetings from Germany,
Dennis
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Annex-F supported?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Dennis,

I've spent some time reading the page you linked, and the documents on it.
It seems like this Annex F is a description of how files should be packages to be transfered to this specific organisation. This is not some specific PDF format! So this Annex F seems to describe how you should prepare files for submitting as a whole collection meeting this organisation's own specifi requirements.
The only thing related to PDFs is that they are allowed to be included, and the only requirement for them is for fonts to be embedded. So if you save your PDF files as PDF/A before making them part of this package - all should be good with the PDF files themselves. As for preparing the package in question - this organisation seems to be providing the necessary software themselves.

So I do not believe that this is directly related to us, PDF files only and our software, and there is no plug-in for our products that will prepare a package in the needed format - as this is beyond the scope of PDF files alone.

Regards,
Stefan
DeKo
User

Post by DeKo »

Hello Stefan,

oh i see. Well, in my understanding it was something pdf related... I was just given the task to support this standard and from what i was given, it seemed like it was something only pdf related. I also talked with our customers and it seems like the PDF/A - Files created with PDFX Change seems not to pass that standard. We will see what we can do with this information :)

Thanks for your time and have a nice end of week!

Greetings,
Dennis
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Dennis,

If you are using some online PDF\A standard validators - they may not work entirely correctly. To try and validate the standard - use the Acrobat.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ