Annotation selection background colour

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Annotation selection background colour

Post by lidds »

My customers are mentioning that it is hard to see which annotations are selected looking at the Comments pane. The issue that I have found is that if you select the comment from the annotations list in the Comment Pane then the background colour changes greatly, in my case blue, see below:
blue.png
blue.png (7.34 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
However if you select the annotation from the document, the background colour of the corresponding annotation in the Comments Pane is a light grey, see below:
grey.png
grey.png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
As you can see this is a little hard to see. Is there anyway of changing this?

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Annotation selection background colour

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

This is a default behavior for all of the Pane selections in the Editor - you can try Bookmarks, Thumbnails etc. You can change it in all of the places by modifying the Theme.xml in the Resources.dat file (treat it as zip). If you change the inactive selection color like this, it will display as the active selection one:

Code: Select all

<color id="ctl.selection.inactive" value="id:selection" />
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Thanks Alex,

I will give this a go.

How would I go about distributing this modified Theme.xml with my product?

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

Well, you do need the Resources.dat file with your project - you should just redistribute the modified ones to your customers.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ