Parameters for converting, especially from docx to pdf

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
DeKo
User

Parameters for converting, especially from docx to pdf

Post by DeKo »

Hi all,

the Convert Method of IPXV_ImportConverter has an optional parameters-parameter. I know the basics of ICab but with the CABNodeExplorer i can't find anything for the import converter. Is there anything i can configure with those parameters?

To give you some background: One of our users noticed that fonts are not embedded when converting via PDFXChange, but they are when doing the export from microsoft words. Visually thats a bit of line spacing and word spacing. The difference is really minimal... but with large documents the difference is meaningful. I attached an example. Note that the pdf converted with pdfxchange was also converted to pdfa via the pdfa plugin (without pdfa it looks the same, though).

And in general, i often see a params-parameter of type ICab, how do i exactly find out which options exist?

Greetings,
Dennis
Attachments
example.zip
(544.1 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Parameters for converting, especially from docx to pdf

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Dennis,

What settings exactly do you want to change in the cab?
Capture48.PNG
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
DeKo
User

Post by DeKo »

Hi Alex,

well, i was hoping for a setting that influences the fonts with which our customer has a little of a problem... But seems like it just is not possible.

Greetings,
Dennis
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Dennis,

Yes, I'm afraid that these settings are all that is possible for now.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ