Bookmarks pane  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
jusWest
User

Bookmarks pane

Post by jusWest »

Hi!

Is there a way to disable or hide the icon menu in the bookmarks pane, and also disable the bookmarks right click menu?

I intercept the context menu in the editor itself with this code:

Code: Select all

else if (e.nEventID == nIDS[(int)IDS.e_beforeShowContextMenu])
            {
                IPXV_BeforeShowContextMenuEvent evt = (IPXV_BeforeShowContextMenuEvent)e.pEvent;
                int nID = pdfCtl.Inst.Str2ID("menu.pagesView", false);

Debug.WriteLine("pdfCtl.OnEvent: evt.MenuID=={0}", evt.MenuID);

if (evt.MenuID == nID)
                {
                    e.pEvent.Handled = true;
                }
                if (evt.MenuID == 3424 || evt.MenuID == 3428 | evt.MenuID == 3406) // diable tools context menues
                {
                    e.pEvent.Handled = true;
                }

}
Could I do the same for the bookmarks pane through this OnEvent function?

Ps! I have searched and did not find out how to do this for the bookmarks pane.

/Ronny
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Bookmarks pane

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Ronny,

Code: Select all

if (evt.MenuID == 3424 || evt.MenuID == 3428 | evt.MenuID == 3406) // diable tools context menues
Do not use direct numeric values - they will differ from build to build. Convert them from string IDs at the start of the program.
As for the menu customization - you can obtain the IUIX_CmdMenu from the e_beforeShowContextMenu event that you can customize as you like.To disable the menu entirely, just do like it's written here:
https://sdkhelp.pdf-xchange.com/vi ... ontextMenu

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
jusWest
User

Post by jusWest »

thanks, I have fixed the menuids now, but when it comes to the icon menu on the
top of the bookmarks pane, the link you provided, just points to the definition of e.beforeShowContextMenu.

It does not show how you would remove the icon list entirely:
bookmicons.PNG
bookmicons.PNG (8.28 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Ronny,

Well of course it does not show that - it shows how to hide the menu entirely and also, how to get the IUIX_CmdMenu interface that you will require to customize it's IUIX_CmdItem elements. There you can remove the needed items.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
jusWest
User

Post by jusWest »

Oh, my!

You are assuming that your documentatin is all that great, which it is not.

You need to take in that we are all on different levels here. I have struggled trough learning this sdk.

And we are/or is soon to be customers, so when I ask for an example I excpect to get an example og how things are working, thats good customer service.

Would it be too much truble for you to actualle show me how it is done? I have used way to much time already to get a grips on how the library works in the first place.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but if you provide examples, its much ieasier to learn.

/Ronny
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Ronny,

It's not hard for me to write samples, though you have to understand that we do not do custom coding here, only support. If I just write the interfaces names and how to obtain them, this means, that that is fairly easy to implement or there were already some topics on that matter. For example this topic with lot's of code and explanations will prove useful for your case:
viewtopic.php?p=99227#p99124
Again, that does not mean that I won't write samples for you directly, if that is needed, but often, many things can be already found here, thus this will lead to the overflow of the same code. For example, if you struggle with something or cannot find it directly - you can tell that (along with some code snippets) and of course I will try to do my best to solve this problem if possible.
We are trying to provide a good customer service by trying to answer all of the posts within 24h (if possible) and as you have noticed, I often answer within an hour or so, when I'm at work. And there are not many companies that have their programmers support the clients directly as we do - so yeah, I have my own good stack of feature requests for our products to implement along with helping you guys. So please, do not get angry with the case, that the answer did not fulfill you expectations - sometimes it's better to give some hints then not to answer at all (due to lack of time or non-working hours or some other cases).

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Bookmarks pane  SOLVED

I've just read you requirements again, and now I probably get what you meant by the Icon Menu - first I thought you were talking about the context menu Show Icon command. Check this out - this shows how to customize the Command Bar of the Pane:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=27821#p107979

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
jusWest
User

Post by jusWest »

thank you for your help, its working now :)
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

:)
Subscribe at: