Getting started - Editor

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
alexandrescoelho
User

Getting started - Editor

Post by alexandrescoelho »

Hi,

I came up with very basic question here (sorry about it!), I`m testing the editor library but I got completely confused while using the editor to open and edit a pdf.
I have a piece of code that works with CoreAPI which uses IPXC_Document. I noticed the IPXV_Document interface is also available at editor library
Can one of you guys explain me how to open a document to have a IPXV_Document object? ( code sample? c# or vb.net is better).
Do I have to open the file as IPXC_Document and then convert to IPXV_Document?

IMPORTANT: I'm not gonna use user interfaces, this is suppose to a library or console application. So no openfiledialog or other dialog window are allowed.

Thank you in advance!
Alexandre
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Getting started - Editor

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Alexandre,

When you installed the Editor SDK - you should have also installed some sample projects.
The default folder should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tracker Software\Editor SDK\Samples\CSharp

So I believe that the Full Demo there will be a good start!

Regards,
Stefan
alexandrescoelho
User

Post by alexandrescoelho »

Hi Stefan

Thank you for the quick response.
So I've checked the full demo before, it's using the an activex control (AxPDFXEdit.AxPXV_Control) and I couldn't find this assembly in my local (other than the one used in the sample)
I asked for help to understand what are the options to open pdf files in the background. Is using the activex control the only possible way to do it? If so, do I have to install anything else to get this activex assembly correctly configured?

Thank you
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Alexandre,

The IPXV_Document is used only when the IPXV_Control is available. In your case, you should stick to the IPXC_Document. If you want to make the non-UI application, then the IPXV_Inst should be used not the IPXV_Control. Also, when you are using the Editor SDK, you have an access to the Operations that provide wide possibilities.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ