Signature requires validating...

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Signature requires validating...

Post by lidds »

I am a bit confused as to why when a document is opened in PDF-XChange Editor it keeps on prompting me that "At least one signature requires validating" when if I open the same document within Adobe Acrobat Reader it says the signatures are Valid?
SignNeedValidating.png
Thanks

Simon
BigMike
User

Re: Signature requires validating...

Post by BigMike »

Hi, probably Adobe Reader verifies the certificates on opening, while PDF-XChange Editor notifies about the missing verification.
You can change PDF-XChange Editors behavior:
settings.jpg
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Signature requires validating...

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Big Mike!

I was half way through making that same shot when I realized you've already provided it!
Indeed lidds - you can turn the option BigMike showed you on, so that we also try to validate signatures at the time you open a document with one.

Regards,
Stefan