New version icons...

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

New version icons...

Post by lidds »

I have just downloaded the new version and I love the updated look. However I am using your tool in conjunction with Devexpress controls and utilising their RibbonControl. I was hoping that it is possible to download the icons that you are currently using so that I can include these on my own RibbonBar. Is this something that is possible for you to provide?

Thanks in advance

Simon
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: New version icons...

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Sadly we do not provide access to our tool icons.
You will have to find a similar set from the web if you would like to mimic our style...

Have a great day
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

This is a real shame and for the thousands of $ for PDF XChange Editor SDK I would of hoped that you would consider making these avaliable to licensed users.

Thanks

Simon
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Ill mention the idea around the office here for you, but I don't know how well it'll go over, of course I cant guarantee anything.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Thank you that would be apreciated. Even if it means a seperate contract that the icons are only used in products that utilise your SDK I would be happy to sign something like that.

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

You can extract any Command Icon that you want by using the SDK possibilities. Here's a detailed code sample on how to do this:

Code: Select all

private void iconToBitmapToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	IUIX_Cmd cmd = uiInst.CmdManager.Cmds.Find("cmd.save");
	IUIX_ImageData iData = null;
	tagRECT rc;
	cmd.Icon.GetItem(0, out iData, out rc); //Here each index represents the different size of icons - use the ItemsCount property to obtain the number of possible sizes
	Bitmap image = new Bitmap(rc.right - rc.left, rc.bottom - rc.top);
	Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0, 0, image.Width, image.Height);
	System.Drawing.Imaging.BitmapData bmpData = image.LockBits(rect, ImageLockMode.ReadWrite, image.PixelFormat);
	IntPtr outPtr = bmpData.Scan0;
	byte[] rgbValues = new byte[bmpData.Stride];
	uint nScan0 = (uint)(iData.Scan0 + iData.Stride * rc.top + rc.left * 4);
	IntPtr ptr = new IntPtr(nScan0);
	for (uint y = 0; y < (rc.bottom - rc.top); y++)
	{
		System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.Copy(ptr, rgbValues, 0, (rc.right - rc.left) * 4);
		ptr = IntPtr.Add(ptr, iData.Stride);
		System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.Copy(rgbValues, 0, outPtr, (rc.right - rc.left) * 4);
		outPtr = IntPtr.Add(outPtr, bmpData.Stride);
	}
	image.UnlockBits(bmpData);
	image.Save("D:\\TestFile.bmp");
}
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Thanks Alex,

For me to use these in my application that contains tracker-software, will I have to add some comment that these icon are property of Tracker Software etc. if so can you let me know any wording I should include so it is all above boeard.

Thanks

Simon
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Under the terms of your Editor SDK license you are already required to do as follows which will be sufficient to use the items mentioned.

7. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT NOTICES
Except for the limited license granted herein, TRACKER, and its suppliers, retains exclusive ownership of all intellectual and proprietary rights (including all ownership rights, title, and interest) in and to the Software. Licensee agrees not to represent that TRACKER is affiliated with or approves of Licensee’s Application Software in any way. Except as required hereby, Licensee shall not use TRACKER’S name, trademarks, or any TRACKER designation in association with Licensee’s Application Software. The Application Software should contain the following copyright notice in the "About box" or if not the About box as a minimum, Developers License as provided with the End User Application: "Portions of this product were created using PDF-XChange & Image-XChange SDK’s From Tracker Software Products Ltd ©2001-17, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."
Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Thank you for clarifying John, I already have that disclamer in my software About box.

Thanks

Simon
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleasure Simon :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com