Stuck on signing a document...

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Stuck on signing a document...

Post by lidds »

I am really stuck, and I know this might be a long shot of a question.

However I am trying to add a digital signature to my application, I know how to do this and have created a sample application that signs the document correctly. However in my main application when I sign the document using the stadard PDFXchange command.

Code: Select all

Private Sub btnSign_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnSign.Click
        executeCommand(Me.docPreview, "cmd.document.signatures.sign")
    End Sub

Private Sub executeCommand(ByVal myViewer As AxPDFXEdit.AxPXV_Control, ByVal CommandAsString As String)
        Try
            Dim cmd As PDFXEdit.IUIX_Cmd = uiInst.CmdManager.Cmds.Find(CommandAsString)
            Me.docPreview.Inst.ExecUICmd2(cmd.ID)
        Catch ex As Exception
            Console.WriteLine(ex.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub
But when I open the PDF in Adobe Reader I get the following error.
digiSignWrong.png
As I said I have got this working in a sample project so I know there is nothing wrong with your command, however I am having a mightmare trying to identify why this is happending in my main application and was wondering if you have come across this issue, so that I might be able to focus my attention on some specific code?

Thanks in advance

Simon
lidds
User

Re: Stuck on signing a document...

Post by lidds »

This seems to have been resolved by installing the new version.

Simon
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on signing a document...

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Happy to hear it, do you remember the version number you were on before? incase this issue comes up again I would like to make note of it.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com