Stuck on signing a document...

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Stuck on signing a document...

Post by lidds »

I am really stuck, and I know this might be a long shot of a question.

However I am trying to add a digital signature to my application, I know how to do this and have created a sample application that signs the document correctly. However in my main application when I sign the document using the stadard PDFXchange command.

Code: Select all

Private Sub btnSign_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnSign.Click
        executeCommand(Me.docPreview, "cmd.document.signatures.sign")
    End Sub

Private Sub executeCommand(ByVal myViewer As AxPDFXEdit.AxPXV_Control, ByVal CommandAsString As String)
        Try
            Dim cmd As PDFXEdit.IUIX_Cmd = uiInst.CmdManager.Cmds.Find(CommandAsString)
            Me.docPreview.Inst.ExecUICmd2(cmd.ID)
        Catch ex As Exception
            Console.WriteLine(ex.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub
But when I open the PDF in Adobe Reader I get the following error.
digiSignWrong.png
As I said I have got this working in a sample project so I know there is nothing wrong with your command, however I am having a mightmare trying to identify why this is happending in my main application and was wondering if you have come across this issue, so that I might be able to focus my attention on some specific code?

Thanks in advance

Simon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lidds
User

Re: Stuck on signing a document...

Post by lidds »

This seems to have been resolved by installing the new version.

Simon
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on signing a document...

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Happy to hear it, do you remember the version number you were on before? incase this issue comes up again I would like to make note of it.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com