customize Editor UI theme

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
kyo
User

customize Editor UI theme

Post by kyo »

Dear all,
I have found a problem that the Editor popup a ui form sometime whose theme does not corresponed to my application ui theme,which is DevExpress office 2013 style(winform).

I wonder if there is some way to customize the Editor SDK build-in UI form so that i can change the theme(e.g. skin,color etc.) according to my application ui.

The Editor sdk is integrated into my application,I want all the ui appearance look the same.

How can achieve this?

Thanks in advance
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: customize Editor UI theme

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello kyo,

Please check out our FullDemo project. There is an ApplyCustomUI method.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

What kind of theme files do you support? We're tying to do a darker color theme and the dialog boxes the frames do not get dark enough to have a good contrast with the text by changing the Custom UI settings.

Is there any way to control the frame colors and such in the default theme?

Of if we use the LoadTheme call where do we find additional theme files that will work with it and the other information like Product Versions and such we need to pass to the function?

I've attached the screen capture of the frames by just changing the default values to a dark gray.
Attachments
interface.zip
(226.85 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

There is no attached screen capture in your message. For now you will need to archive the image files or use some cloud services like imgur to paste a direct image link.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

I attached a zip file with it in now.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

All of the Theme Settings are situated in the pdfCtl.Inst.Settings["CustomUI"] CAB. Inside of the CustomUI CAB node there are Fonts, Colors and Backgrounds subnodes. Look at those in you CAB Enumerator and you will see the values. The color values are the same that I described in the Annotation's FC and SC in other topic, meaning that the IColor interface is used for parsing Value strings.
When you change the values, you will need to launch the appropriate event:

Code: Select all

pdfCtl.Inst.FireAppPrefsChanged(PDFXEdit.PXV_AppPrefsChanges.PXV_AppPrefsChange_CustomUI);
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Fonts.default.Name = Adobe Arabic
Fonts.default.Size = 11
Fonts.menu.Name = AcmeFont
Fonts.menu.Size = 12
Theme
Colors.base.Value = RGB(0,0,0.545)
Colors.window.Value= RGB(0,0.333,0)
Colors.text.Value = RGB(1,0.408,0.125)
Colors.selection. Value = RGB(0.22,0.557,0.557)
Colors.hot.Value = RGB(0,0.251,0.251)
Colors.pg.bg.Value = RGB(0,0.576,0)
Colors.bg.5.Value = RGB(0,0.576,0)
Colors.bg.24.Value RGB(1,1,0)
Backgrounds.Main.Style = bg.5
Backgrounds.Main.ShowOverlay = True
Backgrounds.Pages.Style = bg.12
Backgrounds.Pages.ShowOverlay = True
Backgrounds.Dialog.Style = bg.24
Backgrounds.Dialog.ShowOverlay= False
Backgrounds.SolidOnTerminal =True

This is what I see on changing most of the values on the CustomUI dialog but I don't see anything that would match up to the colors that the frames would display.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

Do you mean the Frame that has "Preferences" label on your screenshot?
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Yes that would be the one. I probably should have tried going through s bunch of Colors.bg.# settings to see if one would work
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

If so then I'm afraid that's Windows color theme, not Editor's meaning you will need to change the frame style on your machine.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Can the LoadTheme function be used to load office style themes then? I've honestly never come across a frame like the ones used in the editor which is why I figured they were something you guys created and controlled the colors
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

It does appear that you are fully controlling the theme and colors of the interface. I tested setting the theme in Windows 7 to the High Contrast and the frames and such are the same. It looks like you are just basing them off a percentage of the dialog background color. As you can see in the background typically a command button in the High Contrast will just be a solid color instead of the shaded like yours.

I added some arrows to some of the colors that we would like to be able to control to make it easier on users who want to use a dark color scheme.

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

Well then I misunderstood what you meant by Frame. I though you meant the Dialog Window frame.
I will tell the developer responsible for themes and such to consult you on this matter.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Thanks. That would be awesome.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi RMan.

Unfortunately but there is no too easy to tune editors theme for your case. Only one way I can suggest you - look to the attached archive that contains Resources.dat file. This .dat file actually is normal zip-file (just change .dat to .zip if you want to look into). This dat-file contains inside the special file that describes editor's main theme:
Resources.dat/Themes/Default/Theme.xml

I slightly changed it for you: added more transparency for some parts of some UI-controls. You may compare Theme.xml from the official Resources.dat and from attached dat-file to see all changes I made. To see effect in UI - just replace in your assembly the official Resources.dat by attached file.

HTH.
Attachments
ChangedEditorTheme.zip
(4.28 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Thanks I will check this out. I see a LoadThemes call. Can that be used with the xml or dat file to change themes at runtime?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello RMan,

Well, you can try using the LoadTheme method to load the Theme from the file specified by the file path. Then you will need to use this property https://sdkhelp.pdf-xchange.com/vie ... Inst_Theme to set the opened theme.
If that won't work then I will ask Vasyl about this.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: