Dock panels in another frame?  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
DolphinMann
User

Dock panels in another frame?

Post by DolphinMann »

I'm not sure if I am going about this the right way, but is there a way to dock panels in a different "window" other than the EditorSDK ActiveX control OR to ONLY show thumbnails panel?

Basically I am looking to display the thumbnails of multiple PDFs to the user for "review" prior to our application consuming those PDFs. However I have only found 2 options, both are close but a hair off....

1.) Increase the size of the thumbnail pane to "almost" the size of the "normal" PDF window. This is pretty close but there is this few pixel gap where the normal PDF window can still be seen and manipulated
2.) Undock the thumbnail pane and move it somewhere, but this is a bit strange since it now exists completely outside of the application. I'm assuming I can't dock the thumbnail window inside of some other standard windows panel or frame, can I?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Dock panels in another frame?

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hi DolphinMann,

Do you want do display pages of the multiple documents in the Thumbnails View at once? I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible. Or did you mean to switch between documents' thumbnail views?
As for your primal question. There are different view modes in Pages View itself - maybe try switching between them and maybe you'll find appropriate variant so you wouldn't need the Thumbnails View?
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
DolphinMann
User

Post by DolphinMann »

Basically what I am looking to do is ONLY display the thumbnails pane instead of the "pages view".

If I leave them docked, ideally i would make them as large as the document window so it appears to the user that is all that exists, but it does not seem to let me make them equal to the entire window. They are always a hair smaller leaving a glimpse into the pages view or the document itself

If i undock them I can then view only thumbnails(for any number of documents), but now the thumbnail panel exists "outside" of the application. is it possible to "dock" them in another windows GUI element other than the PDF XChange ActiveX control?
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, DolphinMann.

To "maximize" the thumbnails pane you may use next code:

Code: Select all

PDFXEdit.IPXV_Document doc = pdfCtl.Doc;

doc.ActiveView.Panes.Show(doc.ActiveView.PageThumbsView);
doc.ActiveView.Panes.Hide(doc.ActiveView.PagesView);

// modify all layout-items in up-to-parent direction to remove caption and make fixed, non-interactive layout, especially for your case..
int itemStyle = (int)(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_NoCaption | PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_NoClose | PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_NoFloat);
PDFXEdit.IUIX_LayoutItem LI = doc.ActiveView.PageThumbsView.Obj.Parent.LI;
while (LI != null)
{
      LI.SetStyle(itemStyle, itemStyle);
      LI = LI.Parent;
};
HTH
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
DolphinMann
User

Post by DolphinMann »

wow Thank you, will test tomorrow!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
DolphinMann
User

Post by DolphinMann »

Sorry I took months to respond to this, got called off on other projects. Just wanted to confirm this was exactly what I wanted. Thank you!
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ