Dialog Captions

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
espens
User

Dialog Captions

Post by espens »

Some of the dialogs, like the save dialog, have the caption 'PDF-XChange Editor'. This caption should be possible to change.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Dialog Captions

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

By getting the dialog's IUIX_Obj, you can call put_WndText method to change the title.

HTH
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
espens
User

Post by espens »

How can I get the IUIX_Obj from the dialog?

I tried using pevent and the pfrom in the e.beginModal event, but they are IEvent and IPXV_Inst, now way to get the IUIX_Obj from there
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Can you please write a part of code where you create and use that dialog and also part of code with function that handles events so that we can more effectively assist you.

Thanks,
Alex
Subscribe at:
espens
User

Post by espens »

One the dialog is the Save Dialog generated automatically by the Editor. You can show it by opening a PDF in the editor, modify some content and try to close the tab. The editor will then popup a dialog that asks you if you want to save changes before closing. The Caption of this Dialog is just PDF-XChange Editor
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hi espens,

We were able to reproduce the issue and we will try to find a way so solve it.
Subscribe at:
espens
User

Post by espens »

Below is a a description of how to reproduce the issue and how I could have changed the caption it (if I was able to get at the IUX_Obj). The proper way would be to have a way to change the name on a global level in the Editor SDK, or for the SDK to read the info from the PE header of the application.

-

In the FullDemo do this

1. On the Document tab: Open a PDF document

2. On the View tab: check Show command panes

3. In the command pane in the Editor click edit content.

4. In the editor: select some content and change it (change textm rotate etc. )

5. Back on document Document tab: Check the Allow ask for save users changes

6. Click the Close Document button on the document tab.

Result: the editor shows a save confirmation dialog where the caption is PDF-XChange Editor

My attempt at changing this was to find the IUX_Obj when the e.beginModal event is raised.

Adding something like the below in

private void pdfCtl_OnEvent(object sender, AxPDFXEdit._IPXV_ControlEvents_OnEventEvent e)

else if (e.nEventID == nIDS[(int)IDS.e_beginModal])
{
//get the IUX_Obj of the current dialog and change it.
}

---

In the event handler I would want to get the currently showing dialog and change it's caption.

My issue is that I don't know how to get at the currently showing dialog from the parameters in the event or through the editor control itself.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

As Sasha said - we know how to reproduce the issue and will work to correct this in the next release - thank you for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Espens.

Try to use next feature:

pdfCtl.Inst.Settings["General.AppTitle"].v = "My App";

- call it once time in initialization stage of your app and editor will show your "My App" title instead of "PDF-XChange Editor" in all message boxes..

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.