Bookmarks from text on the page on specific area

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Dromandon
User

Bookmarks from text on the page on specific area

Post by Dromandon »

Hello!
If this function exists please help me to find it)
If not - it'll be grate if you add it.
What I want:
I want a tool in a bookmarks, that can pick out text from specific area in a page
For example: pick out text from rectangle
- left top corner: at 25mm from bottom of page and 25mm from rigth side of a page
- rightbottom corner: at 10mm from bottom of page and 10mm from rigth side of a page
Why I need it:
I'm makink a graphic pdf with stamps at left bottom corner and I must bookmark every page with those stamps. Sometimes it more than 100 pages.
I found the way to make it quick enought, but for that I'm using 2 other programs)
It would be grate if I could do it in yours program)

Example of my pdf
2019-11-19_18-06-19.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks from text on the page on specific area

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Dromandon,

You might be able to do this with JS - you can e.g. read the bookmarks tree, then execute each of the bookmarks, and it will take you tothe correct page. Then knowing the bookmark name - create a text annotation at your desired coordinates using the bookmark name itself as text.

You will probably need this file (page 178 onward explains bookmark properties and methods) to write your code:
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/ ... erence.pdf

Regards,
Stefan
lev
User

Post by lev »

Stephan,

The OP wants to read text contained in the lower right corner of a sheet and convert it into a bookmark. The coordinates of the area containing the text is the same among all pages.

Dromandon,

You can generate bookmarks based on text font name, size, color and pattern. Have you tried that?

Lev
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks Lev,

Because the arrow in his screenshot is from the bookmarks pane towards the lower right corner - I obviously assumed otherwise!
Yes - if you know the text is a specific font and size - that can be used with the bookmarks plug-in to generate the necessary bookmarks.

Regards,
Stefan
Dromandon
User

Post by Dromandon »

lev wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm Stephan,

The OP wants to read text contained in the lower right corner of a sheet and convert it into a bookmark. The coordinates of the area containing the text is the same among all pages.
Your right, that's what I want, convert the text from lower right corner of a sheet into a bookmark)
lev wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm Dromandon,

You can generate bookmarks based on text font name, size, color and pattern. Have you tried that?
Yes, I know about function you've described) The problem is, that in current situation all pdf I have, have the text in same font, size and color. And I can't change them in future in case of normative documents.
Dromandon
User

Post by Dromandon »

lev wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm Dromandon,
Tried to change text font to TimesNewRoman.
Everything go crazy, when trying to make bookmark of pages 7-12 in this document. It thinks that every world in sentence is a bookmark. And thinks, that numbers in other font.
My settings:
2019-11-28_13-25-28.png
In work file I was using TimesNewRoman font with width ratio 0.8

What happening
ejMGdM11BH.gif
Attachments
Forum.pdf
(4.11 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
lev
User

Post by lev »

I do not see how the Bookmark facilities are capable of producing needed result. Since you keep an index of sheets you could supplement it with page numbers and import those. That would take a couple of minutes at the most. Let me know if you need more details.

Lev
Dromandon
User

Post by Dromandon »

lev wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:23 pm I do not see how the Bookmark facilities are capable of producing needed result. Since you keep an index of sheets you could supplement it with page numbers and import those. That would take a couple of minutes at the most. Let me know if you need more details.

Lev
Thanks fo reply)
I think I solved my problem)
I CAN use other fonts, I think, in plan's name (wich I need in bookmarks)
The problem that I described in my previous comment was solevd by adding another type of TimesNewRoman font to filter.

And one more thing for Cad users, like me, who faced this problem - every text shoud be "MText", not just "Text". If it be just "Text", PDF XChange Editor will think, that font of this "Text" is the same, that font of nearest "Mtext".

My configurations
2019-11-28_18-30-07.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Dromandon,

Glad to hear that you figured out a solution!

Cheers,
Stefan