PDF-XChange Office plugin throws an error

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Throw_Away
User

PDF-XChange Office plugin throws an error

Post by Throw_Away »

Hey!
I have been facing this issue lately that is rather bothersome. Our organization updated to the version 8.0.331.0 and after that, my PDF-XChange Office plugin has not worked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, this worked, but the joy was short lived as the version auto-updates, so I would need to get this new one working. When converting ANY PDF, it says "Can't find Intel graphics". I have up-to-date drivers and I'm out of ideas on how to get this fixed. Could you all please help me?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Office plugin throws an error

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Throw_Away,

thanks for the post and report.

We are aware of issues with the Intel Graphics driver and are doing what we can. The problem as we understand it came from a recent Windows Update and as you say the latest drivers from Intel do not help.

Unfortunately the only solution we are currently aware of is to roll back Windows and that doesn't sit well with many. From what I am reading it sounds like you rolled back the Editor to an older version but not Windows. Am I understanding you correctly?
You said:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, this worked, but the joy was short lived as the version auto-updates
By this do you mean it worked using an older version of our Editor BUT all the latest Windows Updates? Can you give us, please, the version of the Intel Drivers you have, as well as the version of our software that worked? You should be able to prevent our software from updating by using "Tracker Updater" and turning off updates.
image.png
It is also important for us to know which "Office Plugin" you are referring to. Currently we only expect to see this when using the Outlook and IE plugins, not Word, Excel etc as they do not use the same HTML to PDF conversion that we know has an issue.

We are continuing to look into possible work arounds and will let you know if we come up with anything. For the long term we will look into changing how we do HTML to PDF and it is a large task that will require a lot of time to do.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Throw_Away
User

Post by Throw_Away »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:41 pm Hi Throw_Away,

thanks for the post and report.

We are aware of issues with the Intel Graphics driver and are doing what we can. The problem as we understand it came from a recent Windows Update and as you say the latest drivers from Intel do not help.

Unfortunately the only solution we are currently aware of is to roll back Windows and that doesn't sit well with many. From what I am reading it sounds like you rolled back the Editor to an older version but not Windows. Am I understanding you correctly?
You said:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, this worked, but the joy was short lived as the version auto-updates
By this do you mean it worked using an older version of our Editor BUT all the latest Windows Updates? Can you give us, please, the version of the Intel Drivers you have, as well as the version of our software that worked? You should be able to prevent our software from updating by using "Tracker Updater" and turning off updates.
image.png

It is also important for us to know which "Office Plugin" you are referring to. Currently we only expect to see this when using the Outlook and IE plugins, not Word, Excel etc as they do not use the same HTML to PDF conversion that we know has an issue.

We are continuing to look into possible work arounds and will let you know if we come up with anything. For the long term we will look into changing how we do HTML to PDF and it is a large task that will require a lot of time to do.
Hey again! It was this pretty old version, 5.5.316.1. But it worked! And yes, I did not install any Windows Updates or do anything funky other than reinstall an older version of your software. The Tracker Updater solution does not work, I tried completely getting rid of it when installing the software, but it still updated. I guess it has something to do with the company's network and how they distribute updates. Thank you anyways!

I'll stay tuned to see when the issue gets resolved. If you need any more information, please ask.

Edit: Windows Version was 1809 if I remember correctly and it was indeed the Outlook plugin. The Intel Drivers were the best ones available for Intel Graphics 520 through Windows Update, 25.20.100.6472
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Throw_Away,

1809 is the last known working build of Windows. In some instances, these instructions may help:
https://tencomputer.com/cant-find-the-n ... gl-driver/

If you have on-board graphics and a secondary graphics card (e.g. PCI/PCIe) then you can try switching to the other card and seeing that helps. But otherwise, for now, there is nothing more we can do. This is definitely a driver-OS incompatibility issue and will be suffered by any apps that specifically need to use that driver (we're one).

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
Throw_Away
User

Post by Throw_Away »

Hey, the version could be 1903 as well, as I am not the PCs main user, but merely a support person. I tried on our test bench which uses the 1809 version of Windows 10 and it works fine. It also uses the same Intel driver so it must be the OS as you mentioned. The older version works on the other user's computer, though.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Throw_Away,

That's correct and as expected. As I mentioned, you can try the steps in the link in my last post, but they're not 100% effective. We're also aware (and in total agreement) that downgrading the OS is not even a good workaround, let alone solution.

We're still looking to see what we can do in the meantime and, as I understand it, we're working on a new MSO add-in that may solve this though I'm not yet privy to the details of how. I wish we could do more, as this issue has been going on too long with no clear resolution (or even response) from Microsoft or Intel, but our hands are tied, as it stands.

If anyone else has any suggestions that have helped them workaround the problem, I'm sure we'd all appreciate hearing them!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad to hear that Ethyldiups!

Cheers,