Load Plugin Addin At Startup  SOLVED

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

trackerdavescorza
User

Load Plugin Addin At Startup

Post by trackerdavescorza »

How do you change the Load Behavior for COM Add-Ins PDF-XChange Standard Office Plugin to be "Load at Startup"? I have to manually add the MSOffice Toolbar Addin in Powerpoint evertime. All other MSOffice applications like Outlook, Word, and Excel have it set to Load at Startup but in Powerpoint the only option is Unloaded and I have to Load it every time I use Powerpoint.

I tried to convert a document and it appeared to have gotten stuck and never finished so I had to End Task Powerpoint using Task Manager and that is what caused the change.

Do I need to uninstall PCF-XChange Pro version 7 and reinstall or what?
Attachments
Excel Addin showing Load at Startup
Excel Addin showing Load at Startup
Powerpoint Addin showing as Loaded
Powerpoint Addin showing as Loaded
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Load Plugin Addin At Startup  SOLVED

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ,

Thanks for the post - To turn off this load behaviour, please open Windows registry (search Regedit in the Start Menu) and navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\<<MS Product>>\Addins\PXCOfficeAddin.Addin (MS Product = Word, Excel, PowerPoint depending on the product you experience this behaviour with).

Look for the LoadBehavior string. The normal/desired load behaviour is when its value is set to 3. If it is set to 1 then this add-in will be disabled on startup. Set LoadBehavior to 3 and then start MSWord again. Our add-in should not be disabled now.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
trackerdavescorza
User

Re: Load Plugin Addin At Startup

Post by trackerdavescorza »

This worked. Thank you.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at: