Please try the following:
- make sure that Internet Explorer 11 is closed
- start PDF-XChange Editor (v6.0 b319.0)
- click Edit > Preferences > File Associations
>> at Preview Handler for PDF files, select Yes, click Apply... and click Yes to confirm
>> at View PDF files in Internet Explorer, select Yes, click Apply... and click Yes to confirm
- click OK to close the Preferences dialog box
- close PDF-XChange Editor
- now start Internet Explorer 11 and check if it opens PDFs (via hyperlinks) 'in' the browser, or still not ...
After testing the above, I could not anymore change Internet Explorer 11 to handle differently.
I could not set anymore PDF-XChange Viewer, nor Adobe Reader as the application to open PDFs in IE11.
Solution: delete the key that was mentioned before:
It had the following content:
Last edited by Willy Van Nuffel
on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.