Patterns from "Find and Redact Text"

For translators, questions, tips and suggestions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

siSINka
User

Patterns from "Find and Redact Text"

Post by siSINka »

In 8.334 (PDF-XChange Editor Plus) is there a new function (Document - Redaction - Find and Redact). Redact patterns are stored in *json files here: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Tracker Software\Common\RedactPatterns\

I would create Czech pattern locale. English file I copied as cs_CZ.json and translated into Czech.
But… some formats (regional settings) in the Czech Republic are differnet (telephone numbers, ID, dates) and values in *json are inconceivable for me.

Example:
"((((((\\(\\d{2}\\)\\s?)|((\\b\\s?)\\d{2}\\s?(\\(0\\)\\s?)?)|(\\b\\s?))(0?\\d{2,5}(\\s|\\-)))|(\\(0?\\d{2,5}\\)\\s?)))?((\\d{5,8})|(\\d{3,4}\\s\\d{4})))(\\b)"

Is there any guide, how to code own format, how to understand those symbols? Thanks very much!

---------
I know this query doesn't match the section name, PDF-XChange Translators. If this is a problem, move it elsewhere, thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Patterns from "Find and Redact Text"

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello siSINka,

These options are highly complex as they contain a large number of possible variations, and most locales come natively suppoted, so there is no need to "translate" this file in particular. If you wish to translate the find and redact dialog itself, it is a part of the "sanitize" plugin, and can be modified in that module of the Translation tool.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com