Dutch words seems to be switched in the properties section of the selection button

For translators, questions, tips and suggestions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Atlasalbro
User

Dutch words seems to be switched in the properties section of the selection button

Post by Atlasalbro »

Hi,
Mouseclick vs mousefocus.zip
(43.09 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
I am using the Dutch version of PDF-XChange Editor. I am creating a fillable form
In the properties section of the selection button there seem to be a switch of the commands mouse-focus and mouse-click

In Dutch
Ik ben een formulier aan het maken en bij het kiezen van het selectievakje (mouseclick) moet hij een opdracht uitvoeren. De opdracht wordt al uitgevoerd als ik mijn muis erover beweeg. Het lijkt dus of de vertaling van de twee opdrachten verwisseld zijn. De twee opdrachten in het eigenschappen menu heten "Muisklik" en "Bij focus"

greetings,
Els
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Dutch words seems to be switched in the properties section of the selection button

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Atlasalbro

I cannot speak or read dutch personally, for that matter, I do not think anyone in the company can. All of our translations are submit by volunteer translators, so there may be some minor error which we cannot properly review before publishing. With that said, the order of options in this dialog should be retained regardless of language, and the "on focus" action is certainly the 5th in the list, even in english, as you see here:
image.png
image.png (4.99 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
As such, I am unsure what exactly the error you are reporting here is. Could I ask you to elaborate?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Atlasalbro
User

Re: Dutch words seems to be switched in the properties section of the selection button

Post by Atlasalbro »

Hi Daniel,

Yes, the order seems the same. I want the program to export to xml when you click the selection box, in the english version it would be on "mouse enter". However, when i tested the form, it did the export command when i just hovered the mouse over the selection box.
Next, i tried to have the program perform the command on "on focus" and i tested it again..: Now it did the export on "mouse enter"

After what you write here, i can conclude that you have the same problem in the english version. Please test it out.

I hope this clarifies it, if not ask again.

Thanks,
Els
Atlasalbro.nl
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Atlasalbro

"On click" functions would be assigned to the "Mouse Up" or "Mouse Down" actions (as these refer to the left click being pressed or released), not the blur, enter, or Leave action. Please try assigning the action to "Mouse Up" instead, and you should find that it works as needed.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Atlasalbro
User

Post by Atlasalbro »

Hello Daniel,

I will certainly try it out.
afbeelding.png
afbeelding.png (6.08 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Just for my clarification:
1 - Mouse down = pressing the left button down
2 - Mouse up = releasing the left button
3 - Mouse enter = ?
4 - Mouse leave = ?
5 - On focus = ?
6 - On blur = ?

Can you clarify the last four options, or direct me to where i can find it?

I think the confusion started with me as the 3rd option is translated to "Muisklik" in the Dutch version, but as you say it hasn't anything to do with clicking the mouse.

Thank you so much for your help,

Els
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Atlasalbro

mouse enter -- the moment when the mouse cursor enters the area occupied by the object (annotation in this case)
mouse leave -- the moment when the mouse leaves that area
on focus - when the object obtains keyboard focus. the focus can be set by mouse or by keyboard
on blur - when the same object loses that keyboard focus

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com