exporting to MSWORD and OCR Capacity

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

azuresure
User

exporting to MSWORD and OCR Capacity

Post by azuresure »

whole writing was gone due to your short period of I'm not a robot.

I just simply put

1) When I buy the license export pdf to MS-word, what's the behavior of linebreak?

I.E.,

In PDF:
I am a boy. I am
a girl

Most tools export to ms-word like this:
I am a boy. I am
a girl

But I need a tool like this:
I am a boy. I am a girl

Can your do so?

2) I have one large pdf created from 1000 png files. hours of OCR process ended with no recognition. Buy he license resolve this issue?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: exporting to MSWORD and OCR Capacity

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Azuresure,

1) This depends on how the text is laid out in the original document before converting it. You can test the conversion with a free installation, the resultant Word document will simply be editing locked, but you can see how it appears. In short, if the document is formatted correctly, yes, we can, if it is not, then no, we cannot.

2) In that instance, what did your OCR settings look like? It is possible that the OCR succeeded, but you were using our Default OCR engine, or have "searchable image" enabled. if you enabled the "Edit > text" tool, do you see small grey borders (selectable area) around the text areas in the document?
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
azuresure
User

Post by azuresure »

Hi

1) When I click the "read-only," ms-word shows an error message, "Content has a problem so cannot open Office Open XML XXXX file." What made this error?

2) The setting was OCR Default. I simply clicked "OCR page" and processing bar showed in the half of progress but it didn't complete for hours so I canceled. IS there any other suggestion?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Azuresure,

1) Could you send us a copy of the word document with that error message being shown? and a screenshot of word while it is displaying the message?

2) It would be expected for not OCR content to exist if you cancelled the process, as it is is not applied until it completes. If doing 1000+ pages is taking a very long time, you may be running an old build, in the most recent release we have implemented some improved logic which should reduce processing times for large documents. significantly. Depending on the content in the document, image DPI, and a few other factors, it could still take over an hour for a ~1000 page document to be processed, but we have also seen samples where processing as many pages has only taken 10-20 minutes or so. Please update if you have not already, then restart and try running OCR again.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
azuresure
User

Post by azuresure »

1)
image.png
And no doc was created.

2) I did for one day - there may another reason. And I am using the latest version.
Attachments
image3.png
image2.png
image1.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Azuresure.

If not word document is generated, how are you clicking on "read only" inside of word? You should be required to specify a file name for it to be saved before the conversion process even begin, and then our Editor will create the file, and ask Word to open it. Does this not happen? In either case, can you please send us the PDF document that you are trying to convert, so that we can test the conversion here?

Regarding the OCR issue, I am sure that the file in question will be too large for our forums or an email, please follow the steps here to upload a copy of the document, and include a screenshot of your OCR settings. Name the file with your forum name, and then post here to let us know when the file is available so that we can investigate.

Kind regards.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
azuresure
User

Post by azuresure »

If not word document is generated, how are you clicking on "read only" inside of word? You should be required to specify a file name for it to be saved before the conversion process even begin, and then our Editor will create the file, and ask Word to open it. Does this not happen? In either case, can you please send us the PDF document that you are trying to convert, so that we can test the conversion here?
Now I got that they are creaated but never opened. Any pdf files work in the same way. I'm not joking here.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Azuresure,

Regardless of whether all documents are affected or not, we will need to see sample files where the issue exists and investigate further. Can you please send us a copy of a problematic Word document, and the PDF that was originally used to create it?

Thank you.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
azuresure
User

Post by azuresure »

Hi what is you address?

And the process keep creating normal.dotm, which makes ms-word unstable. Can you explain regard this?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Azuresure,

You can send sample files to support@pdf-xchange.com.

As for why you get such files - I can not comment but to me it looks like you might have some issues with the installation of MS Office. Have you tried to repair/reinstall this recently?

Regards,
Stefan