OCR - language Latin

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jürgen somorjai
User

OCR - language Latin

Post by jürgen somorjai »

Hello,
I need help!
I installed version 8 and now I'm missing the languages. I've now problems by and after scanning. :(
Then I tried to install "LATIN", but I can't find it. :?
I searched in the Forum and find a language pack Europe West with Latin. I installed that package, but I can't find the languages. :oops:
Where are my mistakes?
I have already sent two mails about the software "HELP -> Report a problem". No answer.

Greeting
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: OCR - language Latin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jurgen,

With V8 you now have two OCR engines - the Enhanced one - for which the languages can be downloaded with this tool:
OCR_Languages.png
And for which unfortunately Latin is not available, and then we have the Default OCR - which is based on the Tesseract engine, and which all those language packages on our website are for.

The Enhanced OCR requires a special license, and the default one is included for free in our products, and you can change between the two from the same screen on my above image, but picking one or the other in the drop down menu.

Regards,
Stefan
jürgen somorjai
User

Post by jürgen somorjai »

Thank you for your reference. - But... I am a little disappointed, however, because I had hopes for the Latin language. It's a pity. :|
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that we can't remedy this, as those languages are provided by the developers of the tools that we use, and we do not have the ability to create our own language files for their tools.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com