Keyboard Shortcut to Move Pages Back or Ahead via Thumbnail Pane  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

shade-cabin-hammock
User

Keyboard Shortcut to Move Pages Back or Ahead via Thumbnail Pane

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi,

Any way I could select a page in thumbnails and then hit

ctrl+alt+something

to make that thumbnail go ahead one spot. Then

ctrl+alt+some-other-key

to make that thumbnail go backwards

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Move Pages Back or Ahead via Thumbnail Pane  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello shade-cabin-hammock,

Do you want to change the actual order of the pages in the document (e.g. page 4 to become page 3) - or do you just want to navigate in there?

If you want to reorder the pages in the document - then there is a "Move Pages..." command - but this involves a pop-up window and you selecting where you want your selected page(s) to be moved. There is no "move 1/2/x pages up/down" option.

As for navigating - you can navigate with just the arror keys and hitting enter will take you to the new page that you navigated to.

Kind regards,
Stefan
shade-cabin-hammock
User

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Move Pages Back or Ahead via Thumbnail Pane

Post by shade-cabin-hammock »

Hi Stefan,

Ah! Yep. I was thinking of something where I could push the pages around in the "deck" such as it is. Similar to what we have with bookmarks - you can actually select a bookmark, then hit - if I recall right - alt+arrow - to push the bookmark in one direction or another.

Did see the pop-up but it's a bit too step-intensive. Not to mention that I've got to think! :P :D "Is that page..."

For me, click and drag is good enough for a one-off. But...the file I'm stuck in currently has...1,035 pages <cries, dies> After about 10 minutes, the click and drag is just too "subjective" if you know what I mean? So, wish list that, eh?

Thanks for all the good work you all are up to there. I'm hip deep in files all doggone day and count PDF-X as the plowshare.

Sincerely,

SCH
Sincerely,

SCH
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Move Pages Back or Ahead via Thumbnail Pane

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello shade-cabin-hammock,

The thing is that you can have a selection of non consecutive pages and move that to before/after another given page - and this rearrangement is a bit more complex than moving a single page up/down one position in 'the stack'. I feel your pain with a 1030+ pages document, but for the moment I can't offer a quicker solution than drag and drop (Unless you need to do the same task repetitively - e.g. move 1 page to pages back, then work on the next group of 3 - this can be done with a JS for likely a few seconds even on a 1000+ page file).

I will bring your Feature Request up for consideration but can't make any promises!

Kind regards,
Stefan