Watermarks for poster style layout

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dockleaf
User

Watermarks for poster style layout

Post by dockleaf »

Hi

I need to add watermarks to a multipage pdf document that indicate how to lay the pages out in a grid once printed.

A present I do this manually by adding "a1","a2","a3","b1","b2",b3","c1","c2","c3" and so on as a watermark to each page such that the output shows where to place the pages in a grid, with a-z being rows and 1-n being columns, a bit like laying out the pages of a poster.

Is there a way to do this with more automatically, e.g. with a macro?

I can see you can add the current page number in a macro, but I can't see any way to perform calculations on it (e.g. to calculate the column number given total number of columns) or to convert it from a number to a character to calculate the row letter.

I can see you that can format the page number with a prefix, such as "A" and create multiple page ranges with different numbering, which would do the job, but this is pretty laborious in itself and isn't much quicker than just adding the watermarks manually.

Any help appreciated. It's not a huge issue, but if I can automate this laborious task it would be great.

Thanks
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Watermarks for poster style layout

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Dockleaf,

I don't know that there is a way to automate this to be honest. I think you are stuck with the way you are doing it now.

sorry
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com