PDF XChange windows can be hard to move when the windows are narrow

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zarquan314
User

PDF XChange windows can be hard to move when the windows are narrow

Post by Zarquan314 »

I use PDF XChange Editor to grade. One of the ways I use it is by organizing student papers by mistake, moving papers with specific common errors in to a window on my second screen.

When I do this, I usually snap the window to 1/4th of the screen on my second monitor so that I can see all the stacks and easily drag a paper from the main stack on my main monitor to one of these side stacks. This results in an extremely small area to click on when I want to click and drag the window back to my main monitor.

This is what it looks like when I snap it to the corner of my screen (at 1080p, 150% scaling (This monitor is a little ways away from me, so the text needs to be bigger.)). The area I can click on is the partial N in the name of the document (New Document). It can be hard to click and I have to think about it before moving it. The top bar looks identical if I have it snap to half the screen.
image1.png
This is what it looks like when I make it a little bit smaller. The area I can click on is between the menu drop and the quick launch text section. At this size, I can not appear to click on it at all without resizing the window.
image.png
I have not (to my knowledge) altered the top bar.

I think it would be nice if the red PDF XChange Editor logo could be an area where I could click and drag OR if the area I can click on to drag the window had a minimum size on the top bar of the window.

I resolved this for myself by changing my scaling to 125%, but that makes it a bit hard to read the names on the papers without leaning in. I bet I could also customize the top bar to remove buttons I don't use (which is honestly all of them, I use hotkeys), but I think it would be good if the default setting did not have this problem.

I consider this to be a minor gripe, but I like that my minor gripes seem to vanish when I talk about them here, so I will give it a shot.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF XChange windows can be hard to move when the windows are narrow

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Zarquan314,

I can see what you are getting at, though when I do the "quarter screen" thing on a 1080p I get plenty of area I can click to drag:
image.png
I'm not sure if the fact that the Editor icon has right click functionality impacts what is possible here but I'll ask the devs and see what they think about the situation.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Zarquan314
User

Post by Zarquan314 »

You also need screen scaling to have this happen. Mine was set to 150%.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Zarquan314.

This issue will be fixed in the next build.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Zarquan314
User

Post by Zarquan314 »

Thanks!