Sometimes printing error

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Antaras
User

Sometimes printing error

Post by Antaras »

Hello,

we have a strange problem. Printing form letters from Word works basically. Irregularly recurring, however, cannot be printed. The error message "image002" - "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the printer setup" appears. This error does not occur reproducibly.

The event log returns only one Office error - image001

We operate the PDF-Xchange on a Citrix Windows Server 2016 environment. The PDF version used is: PDF-XChange Pro V9.3.360

Do you have an idea or know the error?
Attachments
image001.png
image002.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Sometimes printing error

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Antaras,

You have posted in a section of our forums dedicated to the Editor, but you say that you print from Word - so I would assume that you print to our printing drivcers?
Is it Lite or Standard that you print to?

Also - can you please try to upgrade to build 361 of our products as there were some improvements related to printing that were included in the current build.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Antaras
User

Post by Antaras »

Hello Stefan,

thanks for information. I am sorry, if i had placed this topic in wrong section, please feel free to change it.

We have installed and useing Standard drivers Build 360. Do you have a change log, what is new/fixed in 361?

Kind regards

Alex
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Antaras,

You can find the Editor's version history here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... or/history

and the one for the driver on the following link:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... rd/history

Our devs told me that there have not really been any changes to the driver between build 360 and 361, but the underlying code does change, so we change the build number (and to keep things consistent between all our products).

So for your specific issue - can you please tell us in a few more words the exact steps you take in Word to get to that error message so that we can assist you further?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Antaras
User

Post by Antaras »

Hello Stefan,

thanks.

We are useing some serial letters in Microsoft Word 2016 (installed on Citrix Terminal Server). Results of this serail letters are "printed" with "PDF-XChange Standard Printer" (Build 360). Sometimes it works only some Minutes, sometimes after hours it displays an error (first post).
Can you tell me, what details can help?
Aktually wie have only some dev - Users to use it. After Update more tousend will be using it. I hope find the reason of this error.

Kind regards Alex
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

What do you do when the problem encounters? Just try to print again, or do you have to restart Word?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Antaras
User

Post by Antaras »

Hello Ivan,

to "print" again, ich have to close Word and restart Windows on the host. Citrix Session is still running in background - Server. After that i can print again.

Exsist a log file to look into or something else to find the reason?
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hello Antaras,
I have replied by e-mail.