[bug] "Crawling" of the "Crop Page Tool" selection area when moving the border at a very large page display scale  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[bug] "Crawling" of the "Crop Page Tool" selection area when moving the border at a very large page display scale

Post by Jensen Head »

Demo:
Crawling of the Crop Page Tool selection area.gif
PDF-XChange Editor Plus 9.2, build 359.0 (Enhanced OCR), Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043.1469.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [bug] "Crawling" of the "Crop Page Tool" selection area when moving the border at a very large page display scale

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this issue locally. I notice that your example starts with no selection area, and then seems to skip over the placement processes. Can I ask you to record a full video of the entire process (from before you open the document) so that we can try to reproduce this more reliably?

Also, have you found that this issue only occurs within certain documents, or does it happen with anything, including brand new blank documents?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Re: [bug] "Crawling" of the "Crop Page Tool" selection area when moving the border at a very large page display scale

Post by Jensen Head »

This is the full video. The area is selected by clicking on the image. I was able to replicate this bug with other illustrative documents. In some cases, "sliding" of the selection zone does not occur. I didn't notice a pattern.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Jensen Head

Would you be able to send us a copy of any document you can reliably reproduce this with? None of the samples I have on hand seem to experience the problem locally.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Jensen Head

I have asked my colleagues to take a look as well, and we still cannot reproduce this. At this point I must ask, when you release the mouse, is the selection area itself actually moved, or is this a purely visual bug?

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

The corner markers of the selected zone after the "sliding" of the middle markers remain in place. So, apparently, this is a visual effect. Perhaps it makes sense to abandon the middle markers of the selected zone altogether in favor of moving the selection borders directly, anywhere?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jensen Head,

I suspect that since we have not been able to reproduce this that the temptation will be to "let sleeping dogs lie" in this case. There could be a lot of time spent to investigate a visual issue that doesn't have much impact, if any, on the document or usability.

Regardless of my thoughts on it however, I have asked the development team to look at it and take whatever action they deem appropriate, we'll have to wait and see what comes.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [bug] "Crawling" of the "Crop Page Tool" selection area when moving the border at a very large page display scale  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

The devs found the bug and have squashed it. This fix will be in the next build.

enjoy.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com