Bug in color select dialog

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

reiner.block
User

Bug in color select dialog

Post by reiner.block »

Hi,

I just wanted to define an individual fill color for the text format, and couldn't enter more than two digits. Normally there is a range from 0 to 255 allowed to enter for each color.
grafik.png
As you can see, I wanted to enter “174” in the text box for color red but couldn't. The same goes for green and blue.

My version of PDF-XChange Editor Plus is 9.2 and the build is 359.0.

Bug notifying greetings
Reiner
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bug in color select dialog

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Reiner,

Thanks for your post and report. I can not reproduce the same issue - so can you please tell us a bit more about your set up.
Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Can you please also try to back up all of your current settings, then reset the Editor to the default settings and see if you can then select a custom colour correctly?

Kind regards,
Stefan
reiner.block
User

Post by reiner.block »

Hi Stefan,

I'm working with Windows 10, x64 incl. all updates.

And sorry, but no, currently I can't reset PDF-XChange because I'm in advanced training for becoming a (IT) project manager until August 16, 2022. For that, I've to do a lot of internet research in terms of currently PRINCE2 and then Agile, Scrum, etc. I create PDFs of mostly part of the pages with a browser add-on and then edit it in PDF-XChange. During the last two weeks, I already created more than twenty documents.

Except you can guarantee/ensure that ALL of my settings will be saved and then restored?

BTW, is there a way to add a stamp to the header?

Sighing greetings
Reiner
reiner.block
User

Post by reiner.block »

Hi Stefan,

O.k. I take it all back!

I finally found a software on my notebook that uses the same standard Windows dialog for selecting a color. So, I started Pullover's Macro Creator and selected the Options dialog. There in “General” I clicked on the color for entry “Loops” and the forementioned dialog appeared.

And alas! The same problem! It seems this is a Windows issue. :(

Annoyed greetings
Reiner
PS. After answering my question in my message before you can close this thread. ;)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello reiner.block,

Sorry that you still don't have a solution, and I hope that you will manage to figure it out and make your Windows accept all correct colours!

Kind regards,
Stefan