filename as shown name in tab

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

theadmin
User

filename as shown name in tab

Post by theadmin »

hello together!

Is it possible to configure that pdf-xchange editor shows only the file name of the pdf in the tab?

In our case we have the problem that pdf-xchange editors show the info or commentary. But we would like only to see the file name in the tab of pdf-xchange and not the commentary, info or author-name. Is it possible to change the settings that we always see the file name of the pdf in the tab?

Thank you!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: filename as shown name in tab

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello theadmin,

Yes - it is possible indeed.
Please go to Preferences (Ctrl +K) -> General -> Tabs and Windows -> Setup... -> Document Tab Title, and change the value from the drop down menu:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
tonycstech
User

Post by tonycstech »

There is no such option.
Is this only for paid version ?

I was looking for a simple PDF viewer that has tabbed feature and i used another PDF App for years and i still love it.
1 problem with the other PDF App is when you have multiple tabs open, title bar is so small you cant even click it to drag the window.

So here i am with pdf xchange and it seems to be the best i tried but i cannot see the file name of the file open, all i see is some kind of metadata associated with that file.
This is absurd.
This must have been done to annoy you on purpose to force you to buy paid version ?

Please clarify, why i do not have the option to turn this stupid feature off ?
TrackerSupp-JohnG
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-JohnG »

Hello tonycstech,

As mentioned above by Stefan, Yes it is possible even with the Trial Version. Please make sure you are working with the Latest Version of PDF-XChange by checking for updates via Help>Check for Updates.

Once you have confirmed you are using the latest version, you can change these settings via Preferences (Ctrl +K) -> General -> Tabs and Windows -> Setup... -> Document Tab Title, and change the value from the drop down menu:

Kind regards,
Attachments
image_2022_02_12T21_41_57_419Z.png
John Gareth
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
tonycstech
User

Post by tonycstech »

Not using trial version. Using free version.

Are there settings to change navigation behavior ?
Its very strange and uncomfortable having to click HAND or SELECT every time without any meaningful shortcut or have both be enabled together just like in another pdf reader.
With that other PDF reader I could pan around when I click away from a selectable objects such as text etc. Very easy to navigate with one click
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello tonycstech,

We would appreciate it if you avoid repeating competitor names in your posts.
When you are using our free Editor you also have access to features that would normally require a license so that you can test them out. So our free Editor also effectively allows you to trial the features that do require a license.

The feature you mention in your above post is possible in our products as well:
image.png
Just make sure that the above is turned on in your instance of the Editor and all will be good!

You can also quickly and temporarily toggle the Hand tool while you have any other tool selected by pressing the space bar.

Kind regards,
Stefan