(Solved) Plus Format Choices All Gray

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

CraigS26
User

(Solved) Plus Format Choices All Gray

Post by CraigS26 »

Help / License Key shows Plus Active and Valid;
File/ Properties /Security shows None and Change Document + All other categories show "Allowed".
Clk'd to hi-light fields ...With the cursor in the Signature block of an HP Rebate Interactive Form I'm wondering Why All of the Format Choices are Grayed-out.
Just playing with this new Plus license I wanted to change the Font in the signature block from Arial to (ie) Bradley Hand ITC.
v9 Ribbon Manual Search for "Change Font" = 0....

Possible? and How if Yes?
Last edited by CraigS26 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro 22H2 - Editor Plus v10.2.1.385
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Plus Format Choices All Gray

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello CraigS26,

If your file already has digital signatures in it - we might disable some operations even if the security settings seem to show that all is allowed.

Also - if the file is a dynamic XFA form - we will again disable some operations. Unfortunately XFA forms are not part of the PDF ISO specification, and while we do support displaying most of them - allowing edits to them is not something we could be offering soon.

Kind regards,
Stefan
CraigS26
User

Post by CraigS26 »

Thanks, Stefan. A Search didn't show an easy way to verify those traits you mentioned BUT I'll assume one of them is in effect.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello CraigS26,

If you'd like - we can take a look at a file and let you know exactly what's the reason. If the file is sensitive - you can send it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic.

Kind regards,
Stefan
CraigS26
User

Post by CraigS26 »

Thank you!!

File just sent although my EPIM mail app defaulted to the last account used - my wife - and I Re-sent the email with attachment via MY Hotmail address.
Either OK - Sorry for burp!!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, CraigS26

Thank you for the email, I am copying this from the Email reply I just sent you, incase anyone else on the forums runs into this same question. I think that Stefan misunderstood what it is you wanted to do here.

For the purpose of "form fields" the font and such are set during creation, and cannot be manipulated when "filling" the form. This allows the creator to ensure that the form they receive is consistent across all fillers.

As such, if you wish to change the font details for form fields, you will need to stop "filling" the form, and switch to our form "editing" tools (the "select fields" tool on the "form" tab). This will allow you to define which font, size, and other field details should be used for a given form field. Note that form creation/editing requires an "Editor Plus" license in our software, if you do not have that, Demo stamps will appear in the corners of your pages as you save the file.

Form filling on its own is a free feature, and does not require a license of any type, so if you do not need to manually change the font information, I would suggest that you leave the file as is.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
CraigS26
User

Post by CraigS26 »

Just want to confirm that Daniel's instructions worked for changing the Font in MY PLUS Editor - BUT - unlike some Editor selections I've made where you make them and Then Type, I had to Type First and Then Make the change.

The Form tab / Select Fields Arrow puts a "numbered" small black Box in each data block - and with my name already typed - I clk'd on the Signature Box and made the adjustments in the Properties column. Card carrying Murphy's Law guy, so I will likely send the Default Arial, but now I know how to do it.

Thanks again for the lesson.
Last edited by CraigS26 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Plus Format Choices All Gray

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com