order, scale and setting  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Metis
User

order, scale and setting

Post by Metis »

Hello, I have some questions and maybe I will get an answer. :P

so I decided to choose PDF X-Change and got first issues.
First, I wanted to mix some PDF´s together. I figured out that the best way to do that is by just combine the PDF´s with right click and press combine but where is the easy possibility to change the order of the pages? :lol:

Is there any way to get edges during print like just a 1-inch space between 2 pictures or an option to manage the number of images? or just an option to set or scale the pictures better? :roll:

Can you set the size of pages during print for each page? (first page will be printed as A4 and the second as A3)

btw I can use the extended version too (Pro) . :D

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: order, scale and setting  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Metis,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your questions.

When using File -> New -> Combine documents - you can reorder the files initially, and then once the files have been combined together - you can opent he thumbnails pane (Ctrl + T) and then drag and drop pages there to reorder any specific pages.
Alternatively - you can just open two or more files side by side, select some pages from one, and drag them to the thumbnails pane of the other file and this will directly copy those pages at the desired location.

The PDF file format specifies the pages and content on them in a different manner than e.g. Word documents do. So any spacing on the page has to be added at the time of creating the file or when you edit it, and before you start the print process.
It would seem like you are trying to create files from multiple images, with more than ne image per page. Please try to use the File -> New Document -> From Images - and there in the Options -> Image Layout Options you can define how many pictures you want per row and colum, and what spacing you want between them:
image.png
Page sizes are again determined at the time a page is created. When printing a PDF you can select to have it's pages resized (both up and down) so that they e.g. fit to a new paper size (as specified in your printer).

Kind regards,
Stefan