[Suggestion] Secondary Panel snap arrangements

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gruffly
User

[Suggestion] Secondary Panel snap arrangements

Post by gruffly »

I did a quick search but didn't come up with a suggestion for this yet.

Currently in the Editor, if you open the bookmarks/comments panel and also have a search panel and properties panel open, the search and properties panels can be arranged to stack on top of each other vertically but the bookmarks/comments panels cannot be stacked with those. I always use all 4 of these simultaneously and it sure does take up a lot of screen space. Especially if you need to use (2) PDF's side by side.

It seems that the bookmarks/comments panels are snapped inside the individual page viewport while the search and properties panels are external to that and are only able to be snapped to the main application window.

I propose enabling all secondary panels, whether they be specific to the PDF or not, to be stackable in a single column, or even in the same column with tabs to select between them like the bookmarks/comments panel already does.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Secondary Panel snap arrangements

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Gruffy,

thanks for the post and excellent question.

There are two different types of panels, "Per Document" and "Global" and unfortunately they cannot be mixed in the same Pane. The Search and Properties panes (and several others) are global and apply to all/any document(s).

So unfortunately these are not going to be able to be "docked" into a single pane I'm afraid.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com