Removing a page from the list of pages marked for conversion - in the conversion screen

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

Removing a page from the list of pages marked for conversion - in the conversion screen

Post by Jensen Head »

Dear forum members, help with advice, please. There is a large document, many tens or even hundreds of pages. With some (but not all) pages, I want to do some kind of transformation, like splitting them in half. To do this, I select the necessary pages with pressed Ctrl in the thumbnails panel. After that, I press the "Split Pages" button and turn over the pages on the right side of the window that appears, checking the correctness of the selection. Let's say that out of several tens of selected pages, some were in the selection by mistake. How can I remove the page displayed in the preview from the selection right in the "Split Pages" window (or any other window with a preview of the selected pages)?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Removing a page from the list of pages marked for conversion - in the conversion screen

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jensen Head,

indeed that can be frustrating, especially when the selection is complex. Currently there is no way to modify that selection without starting the entire selection process again.

What we will do is make it so that you can copy the currently selected page range to the "Custom" option so that you can then remove the unwanted page from the process without having to start your page selection all over again.

To that end there is a formal Feature Request : RT#5918: Feature request :: Editor :: manage selected pages range string in dialogues

Copy the selected pages from here:
Selected pages.png
to the page range option here:
image.png
There is no ETA for delivery at this juncture, but it is in the system and will happen.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com