why doesn't editor look like the Help

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RBFMBibi
User

why doesn't editor look like the Help

Post by RBFMBibi »

I'm trying to figure out if I can add headers or footers to my PDF documents. While looking in "Help" it tells me I'll find it in the Organize menu. I don't have an Organize menu! In fact, my UI looks different from the graphics in the Help. I don' t have several other options either. I'm using PDF-XChange Editor, v9.1build 356.0
I've checked for Updates... it hangs so I don' tknow what's up with that. I attached a picture of what I see. I've looked through all the menus and can't find an option to choose Tools.... Thanks! Actually it looks like I uploaded it 3 times lol. Help!
Capture.JPG
Attachments
image1.png
image.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: why doesn't editor look like the Help

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, RBFMBibi

You are using the "Classic UI" which is reminiscent of our older applications, and designed for long time users who did not want to the change to the new "Ribbon UI". Most of our help articles are based on the new Ribbon UI. The same functions are accessible to both, in most cases, items from the "organize" tab (in the Ribbon), will be located under the "document" menu (in Classic). If you cannot find a specific tool, you can swap to the ribbon UI and back at any time with the button in the upper right corner:
image.png
image.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com