[suggestion] Do nothing if the user clicks on the current page thumbnail  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestion] Do nothing if the user clicks on the current page thumbnail

Post by Jensen Head »

In the PDF-XChange® Editor Plus 9.2, build 359.0, if the user clicks on the current page in the thumbnail panel, the panning is reset to the upper left corner. Hardly anyone uses the thumbnail bar to navigate to the top left corner. On the other hand, due to the peculiarities of the appearance and behavior of the thumbnail panel (mentioned on the forum many times), accidental resets of the current view are possible.
PHK
User

Re: [suggestion] Do nothing if the user clicks on the current page thumbnail

Post by PHK »

Jensen Head wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:29 pm In the PDF-XChange® Editor Plus 9.2, build 359.0, if the user clicks on the current page in the thumbnail panel, the panning is reset to the upper left corner...
That is not absolutely correct; rather it depends on the zoom level set and, if zoomed in to something less than the full page, the view will select that area of the document page that corresponds to the portion of the thumbnail where selected.

So, if zoomed to the full page, it will look like this
image.png
but if zoomed in the selection will follow the cursor's placement like this:
image1.png
Note the red bounding box in the thumbnail panel shows what is displayed in the main window.
Attachments
image2.png
All best,

FringePhil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello PHK, Jensen Head,

Indeed - if you have zoomed in the main rendering area - clicking around the thumbnails pane will take you to that page and area of the page centered on the click:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

In my case, when the display scale is larger than "Fit Page", where I clicked on a thumbnail in the thumbnail panel does not affect how the enlarged portion of the page appears in the main window. Wherever I click on the thumbnail, I always see the top-left corner of the corresponding page.

If I understood you correctly. And you me.

PDF-XChange Editor Plus 9.2, build 359.0 (Enhanced OCR), Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043.1466.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jensen Head,
I am not sure I understand your case to be honest. Do you want to illustrate with an animated screen grab?

This is what I see.
ThumbnailAndZooomRelationship.gif
I set the view to "Fit Page" then a scale that is larger and the behaviour is as others described. Am I missing something?

I find this little app handy for grabbing animated screen grabs: https://www.Spam message posted by BOT engine - ignore - to be deleted by admin.com/licecap/

maybe you can show me what you are seeing that is different?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:25 pmmaybe you can show me what you are seeing that is different?
Do nothing if the user clicks on the current page thumbnail — 2022-01-14.gif
PS:
2022-01-14_17-32-26.png
2022-01-14_17-32-26.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 812 times
:)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] Do nothing if the user clicks on the current page thumbnail  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

That's helpful Jensen Head, thanks for that.

Can you check the Thumbnails Pane's settings and test if the behaviour is changed when setting "Interactive Highlighted Area" on?
InteractiveThumbs.gif
PS - thanks for the heads up on SpamBot - We'll look into that.
Attachments
image.png
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Indeed, this setting was disabled. After enabling this setting, the click behavior on the page thumbnail has changed to look like in your demo. Thanks!