Text box function no longer works

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

james goodman
User

Text box function no longer works

Post by james goodman »

I was able to create text boxes using PDF-XChange Editor for many years, but the function stopped working a few months ago. I just updated from version 8 to version 9, and it still doesn't work. In the Comment tab the words "Text Box" appear as usual, but the icon to the left is grayed out. When I select Text Box and try to use it, the box appears, and I can type text inside it, but when I save the document, it disappears.

In the meantime, my workaround is to use the Typewriter Tool to write the text and then use the Rectangle Tool to create a box around it. But it would be nice to get the Text Box tool to work again if I can.

I should add that when I try to use the Typewriter Tool where I previously tried but failed to use the Text Box tool, the text box that previously disappeared when I saved the document appears again!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Text box function no longer works

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello James Goodman,

Thank you for the report.

Could you please send us an example file that contains an invisible text box?

Also, please send us a screenshot of the menu where the grey-out icon can be seen.

Regards.