faulty program and content render  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vigy
User

faulty program and content render

Post by vigy »

Ever since I've installed PDFX-Change software (doesn't matter what version or what edition) on my new computer, I'm experiencing faulty rendering of the program itself and also the content. Lets begin with the basic specs
  • Windows 10 with the latest updates
  • Asrock motherboard, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-9700, Asus RTX 2070
  • Using only windows defender and standard nvidia drivers
  • no custom color profiles or any unusual windows settings
  • 27" Asus VG27AQL1A with supplied drivers
key note: I think the problem started occurring after I upgraded my old monitor to new 27" Asus.

The problem:
After I open the program, icons are dark (possibly black and white) and content has colors switched, possibly all dark. Only black and white content (etc text PDF files) are rendered correctly, all graphical content is not readable.
One thing I'm not sure about is when this fault happens. If I remember correctly, when I boot up Windows, everything is OK. After some time of inactivity, screensaver comes on and after that monitor power is turned off. Maybe only after the monitor is waken up this happens but I'm not totally sure.
pdf-xchage problem1.jpg
pdf-xchage problem2.jpg
pdf-xchage problem3.jpg
The solution:
Shutdown program, turn off monitor, turn on monitor, launch program again. Works always.
pdf-xchage normal.jpg
I've tried using Viewer and Editor, newer and older versions (oldest was i think version 6), problem is the same and solution also. Other PDF software and other software in general is OK. PDFX-Change software is the only one with this faulty behavior.

Problem isolation:
Switching ma HDMI connection (using HDMI 2.1 cable) to DP (using 1.4 cable) did not solve the issue.
Adjusting monitor settings like Adaptive-sync (G-SYNC), ELMB SYNC, etc. did not solve the issue.

Any suggestions?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: faulty program and content render  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, vigy

This is an old issue which was caused by errors in certain windows monitor color profiles. Ensuring that you have the latest windows updates is one step, but updating our software to a build after we implemented our steps to resolve it is also important. I can see that you are not running the latest release (9.2.359.0) so please do update our software, then restart the PC and this issue should disappear.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
vigy
User

Re: faulty program and content render

Post by vigy »

Thank you, will try.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

faulty program and content render

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
vigy
User

Post by vigy »

I know this thread was marked as SOLVED, but until now I have not tried installing newer version of the software. Now I have installed 9.2 build 359 and nothing has changed.
image.png
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Vigy,

that was unexpected. We were seeing this more commonly on specific hardware. Microsoft Surface Pro devices in particular suffered from this.

Seeing you are running the latest version of our software on different hardware, I expected the upgrade to be the solution. I will need to consult the dev team on what to do nest here. I should have some feedback for you later today.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi again Vigy,

please make sure your monitor's color profile is set to RGD in the Windows color management applet Advanced tab:
image.png
And also zip up and send us the color profile files in the folder : C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and we will investigate this.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
vigy
User

Post by vigy »

Hello and thank you for suggestion. I already use the settings you suggested. These are my screens:
image.png
image1.png

Maybe I should try to use the color profile that was installed with monitor - ASUS VG27AQL1A Color Profile,D6500
image.png
vigy
User

Post by vigy »

Ok, I tried the ASUS color profiles. The result is PDF X-change is always black/white (bad). Revert to sRGB fixed this. To me, this looks like windows or monitor itself is switching color profiles randomly - because to this day, my only way of fixing this was to turn monitor off and on again.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Vigy,

Thank you for the feedback.

Usually, the color profile that comes with the monitor is the one to blame, yes.

The reason it is acting like that is that the profile was either damaged or altered.

It seems that you have found a fix to the issue but if this happens again just download a fresh copy of the profile from the monitor's manufacturer's website.

Regards.
vigy
User

Post by vigy »

Hello again. A quick follow-up, It looks like I finally found the issue (last time it didn't work as anticipated). My latest experience is, that Conversion Options is what caused the problem.
image.png
My default was Little CMS and I never changed it. Now that I've selected Microsoft CMS (and RGB to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 instead of my monitor's color profile) everything looks like it should. Hopefully this is my last post to this topic. :wink:
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi vigy,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

:)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America