"Snap to Guides" works strange (doesn't work?)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

"Snap to Guides" works strange (doesn't work?)

Post by Jensen Head »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:22 pmWe do have guides - all you need it to have the "Rulers" visible and then you can either directly click and drag to create a new guide on the page, or you can right click and create it from the context menu command with precisely entered values
I first tried using guides in PDF-XChange Editor. I've used guides in Adobe Photoshop a lot and snap in Autodesk Autocad in the past, and I understand how they usually work. Namely: when I move the preselected object, the cursor and / or the sides and corners of the object when approaching the anchor objects (in this case, the guides) "magnetise" to them, making it possible to place objects very accurately. However, the behavior in PDF-XChange Editor is apparently different: both when dragging the selected object, and when moving its corner marker, magnetization does not occur:
_
Snap settings
Snap settings
Moving an object
Moving an object
Move corner marker
Move corner marker
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: "Snap to Guides" works strange (doesn't work?)

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

Thank you for the report, some content items do not yet utilize snapping, and you will find that it is not only guides, but other objects which cannot be snapped to in these cases. We are working on improving that, hopefully soon all object types will be able to respect snapping, but in this instance, seeing as you have a group of base content text objects selected, snapping is not enabled.

Try moving a "rectangle" object, and you will find that snapping works in almost all cases.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com