Re-Size Basics: How Can I Find Out the Current Page Size of the Document I'm Reading?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

standish-001
User

Re-Size Basics: How Can I Find Out the Current Page Size of the Document I'm Reading?

Post by standish-001 »

Hi,

So! From time to time I like to resize the pages of a document I'm wrangling with. opened a file just now and saw:
2021-11-30_22-11-20-326.png
So, are the values there next to the third "line" of this dialog box

971pt x 1500pt...are those the current dimensions of the page?

I'm confused if this is the case, because when I resized to A4, which appears to be ?smaller? and selected from the center - my goal having some bigger margins...the margins got HUGE.

If A4 in point size is 595.35 x 841.995, and my current document is 971pt x 1500pt, seems counterintuitive that re-sizing to A4 and selecting the placement options as from the center would have made the margins bigger? From 971pt x 1500pt to 595.35 x 841.995 >> bigger margins?

Unless, of course, that 971pt x 1500pt is NOT the current page size?

So! Put another way -how to know the size of pages of the original file, and, if I want to re-size them to add margins...what's the best way to do this?

Sincerely,

SW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Re-Size Basics: How Can I Find Out the Current Page Size of the Document I'm Reading?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Standish,

I do believe that is the page size of your document, yes. I see this when doing a resize from A3 to A4 with units set to points:
PageSize.png
It does match the reported size for me in each case I tried so I'm going with it. Do you see different dimensions ever?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com