Re-Size Basics: How Can I Find Out the Current Page Size of the Document I'm Reading?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

standish-001
User

Re-Size Basics: How Can I Find Out the Current Page Size of the Document I'm Reading?

Post by standish-001 »

Hi,

So! From time to time I like to resize the pages of a document I'm wrangling with. opened a file just now and saw:
2021-11-30_22-11-20-326.png
So, are the values there next to the third "line" of this dialog box

971pt x 1500pt...are those the current dimensions of the page?

I'm confused if this is the case, because when I resized to A4, which appears to be ?smaller? and selected from the center - my goal having some bigger margins...the margins got HUGE.

If A4 in point size is 595.35 x 841.995, and my current document is 971pt x 1500pt, seems counterintuitive that re-sizing to A4 and selecting the placement options as from the center would have made the margins bigger? From 971pt x 1500pt to 595.35 x 841.995 >> bigger margins?

Unless, of course, that 971pt x 1500pt is NOT the current page size?

So! Put another way -how to know the size of pages of the original file, and, if I want to re-size them to add margins...what's the best way to do this?

Sincerely,

SW
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Re-Size Basics: How Can I Find Out the Current Page Size of the Document I'm Reading?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Standish,

I do believe that is the page size of your document, yes. I see this when doing a resize from A3 to A4 with units set to points:
PageSize.png
It does match the reported size for me in each case I tried so I'm going with it. Do you see different dimensions ever?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com