License and OCR

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mart21
User

License and OCR

Post by Mart21 »

Hi,
I purchased a license for the PDF-XChange Editor but cannot do an OCR scan on my document without having the demo tag on them. The program tells me I dont have a sufficent license. Whats the problem here. OCR-Scan is part of the product description of the editor?
All the best,
Martin
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: License and OCR

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Mart21

The Enhanced OCR tool is enabled by default for 2 weeks after a new installation in trial mode. If the license you purchased was not for the "Editor Plus", than Enhanced OCR is not included and that would be why you are seeing these stamps. If you do not need the enhanced OCR, you can disable it from the preferences (Ctrl_K) under OCR (simply choose the Default OCR instead).

If you did purchase the Editor plus, than the most likely causes are either that your license is not present (check under help > license key to ensure you key is present and valid), or you may be running an old build, which does not understand new style license keys. Please click help > about, and ensure that you have version 9.2 build 359.0 installed and running.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com