Why is the "previous view" stack shared among all open documents?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

becritical
User

Why is the "previous view" stack shared among all open documents?

Post by becritical »

I use very often the "previous view" keyboard shortcut, particularly when I browse references in scientific papers which have internal links so I can go back and forth between between citation and reference list. There are other uses as well but that's the most obvious.

I do not find it very practical to have the previous view stack shared among the documents, can this behavior be changed? Is there a user setting somewhere? Working on multiple documents at the same time this function becomes almost useless.

Thank you in advance
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Why is the "previous view" stack shared among all open documents?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello becritical,

Please try turning this off:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

Great, thank you!

Another quick question. Is there a way to do a search in another document based on the current document search? For example I am in document A and do the quick search with "ctrl+f", then I switch to document B and I want to make the same exact search. At the moment I have to hit "ctrl+f" and type again my search word. I know I have the search button that lets me search in all open documents but if I have a lot of open documents that's not exactly what I would like to do. Let me know if I should open a different question for this. Thanks in advance.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello becritical,

Please use the advanced search (Ctrl + Shift + F), and there you can set it to search only in the current document, and your previous searches are available in a drop down:
image.png
image.png (10.01 KiB) Viewed 453 times
So that you don't have to type them all over again.

Kind regards,
Stefan