Payment system for maintenance extension very inconvenient for VAT

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

asdf3sthdhawer53
User

Payment system for maintenance extension very inconvenient for VAT

Post by asdf3sthdhawer53 »

I wanted to order a maintenance extension. 2 payment options were given. When I selected credit card, originally VAT was shown as zero since I entered my VAT ID. But when I went to enter the credit card, VAT was added, I assume as warned that the processor might do. But this is wrong. And if charging VAT, you need to show who is charging it, and what is their VAT ID, otherwise I don't know which tax authority they are collecting on behalf of. If it's Digital River with an Irish VAT ID, then I cannot recover the VAT, instead they should be using reverse charge with zero VAT. But if they use a VAT ID issued by the same country as my VAT ID, then I can recover the VAT. However no such information is shown anywhere.

When I selected PayPal instead, VAT was shown as zero, but when I tried to proceed, I got an error that another payment method was already selected and cannot be changed without cancelling the order.

When I press the cancel button, it doesn't actually cancel. Instead I have to wait several days for the weekend to pass for someone to approve the cancellation. Meanwhile, the 1 year license might expire, and then I might not be able to extend it without paying something extra, or I might be locked out of the Pro features.

Incredibly frustrating.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Payment system for maintenance extension very inconvenient for VAT

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello asdf3sthdhawer53,

This is an unfortunate quirk of how our payment processor works!
First we show you the price without VAT, then we pass you on to them, and they detect your location and at first show you the price with the correct VAT rate for your location. And then in a third step (after you've entered your CC details, but before your card is actually charged), our payment processor does request all information you entered in our system - so we pass it to them, including your VAT number, and at that point they also remove the VAT charge. So please do give it a try and it should all go correctly, or if unsure - please do e-mail us to sales@pdf-xchange.com and we will work with you on making sure that you are not charged VAT for your purchase if you have a valid VAT Number and issue you the correct zero rated invoice.

Kind regards,
Stefan