Version History Web Page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Version History Web Page

Post by PHK »

Having newly found this with Stefan's help, I was able to review the version 359 updates. However, I then wanted to review other versions but they would not expand to the full text when clicked on. Then, I tried to "expand all" and that does nothing. This is what I see.
image.png
Even the expanded description of 359 is gone.

Ideas?
All best,

FringePhil
PHK
User

Re: Version History Web Page

Post by PHK »

Withdrawn. It seems to be working today.
All best,

FringePhil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Version History Web Page

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello PHK,

One of my colleagues working over the weekend noticed this error as well (not sure if it was as a result of your forum post), and reported it to our web devs, so they sorted it out already.

Cheers,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

The "PDF-XChange Editor Version History" page lacks the ability to expand or collapse all spoilers at the same time. As shown in the screenshot above, as well as on the "GCSE History" [1] and "Past Issues By Year" [2] pages.

[1] https://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/history-gcse/#tab_keydocuments
[2] https://www.historians.org/publications-and-directories/american-historical-review/browse-by-year
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 09-40-36 Tracker Software Products PDF-XChange Editor Version History.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Jensen Head,

Given that there are quite a few entries in each build - having an "Expand all" would make the page quite long.
Do you have a specific need for such a feature there? I can ask our devs if they can add it - however I believe that more often than not this feature won't be needed of would be clicked by accident and as it is dynamically loaded - it would cause unnecessary delays in getting you the info needed.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

This function is useful when I want to find mention of some suggestion, fix, feature in all versions, whenever they occur. That is, the period when this function underwent some changes. Or when I'm looking for mentions of your internal ticket number, which you mention here on the forum. Once upon a time, offline distributions of applications were accompanied by a plain text file with a list of all the fixes since the first release. This is exactly what I would like to have.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

+1

I am also regularly searching in the Version History and must expand every single item before starting Find in my browser.

Kind regards.

Willy
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

+ 1
All best,

FringePhil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello PHK and all,

Thanks for your comments! I will pass this topic to the web dev who works on the version history and see what his thoughts are!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello All,

Just a quick update that an "Expand/Collapse all" button is now available on the version history pages.

Please note that when you do expand all - the page becomes quite long and with lots of content, so use that only when needed!

Kind regards,
Stefan